Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day: Part Two

Day 30

Breakfast: green tea, sauteed potatoes with 4 egg whites and a sprinkle of low fat cheddar, strawberry-banana yogurt
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced pear
Lunch: green tea, "Primavera Delight" (spaghetti squash with broccoli, an onion, garlic, and tomato sauce), and a sliced honey crisp apple
Dinner: green tea, marinated and grilled veal, peas and carrots, and a side Caesar salad
Dessert: Key Lime pie yogurt

As I said yesterday, school was cancelled today (yay!) so Husband and I got to hang out here at the house. It was a pretty great day! We woke up to bright white all around outside, so we took puppy out for his first romp and potty in the snow...


Not sure if you can tell, but this is mid-run (see the back legs coming down). He jumped around like a deer in the snow (only about 80% less graceful) and absolutely had a blast!! So much so that he whined ALL DAY to be let outside again. We took him once more outside to the backyard to run around and play fetch and after that, he pretty much settled down. He just loves all kinds of weather... I'm so glad we have a brave pooch!

Anyways, every meal today was fantastic! I wanted to take advantage of being home and not skimp on creativity for any of our meals. The spaghetti squash for lunch today was something neither of us had ever even heard of, much less cooked with. It was great! We want to add chicken to it next time, though. I was also thinking about trying to finagle some type of lo mein using the squash, but we'll see if that turns out to be a good idea or not. 

I'm just dying for some Chinese food! Of all my cravings and all my food desires... Chinese food is where I'm going first AS SOON as I hit the maintenance stage, or as soon as my birthday comes around... Whichever comes first. My mouth waters every time I think of fried rice and egg rolls!! I want some soooo badly!! 

But enough about that. Here are some pictures of our meals today:

Lunch: "Primavera Delight"


Dinner: veal, peas and carrots, and Caesar salad

School is cancelled for tomorrow also, so we'll see what meals we can devise! 

Now I'm off to do some dancing and yoga-ing on the Wii for my daily exercise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...