Breakfast: strawberries and banana yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup low fat granola
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced pear
Lunch: pita sandwich (leftover steak, shredded lettuce, diced yellow pepper, and Italian dressing)
Dinner: green tea, FRIED RICE
Today. Was. Excellent.
For many lovely, wonderful, spectacular reasons:
- I got to sleep in. Days are always better when you get to go back to bed after breakfast.
- My dress slacks are 1-2 sizes too big for me. In fact, they can be pulled down without even having to be unbuttoned or unzipped. This is phenomenal.
- Weigh-in this morning showed I've lost 3 more pounds since last week. I'm gaining a better attitude about these numbers I've been getting week after week. As long as I'm still getting more than a pound off each week, I am truly satisfied. So blessed to be able to recover from this weight gain.
- My client cancelled our session today (or, rather, his parents did). This gave me more time to spend with my husband this morning before I had to leave for class.
- Bray had a test in his class today and he feels that it went well. I am so proud of him that he has worked so hard this semester. He inspires me to keep at it and work hard.
- This is made even better because we got one of our tests scores back today and I made an A!
- Because the session was cancelled, I was able to leave school earlier, get to Crest earlier, and make it home earlier.. So I got to see Husband before he went to work (and had someone to help me unload the car, which is always a plus)
- The fried rice I made today was intensely delicious. I cooked it with peas and carrots, fried rice seasoning, soy sauce, chopped mushrooms, eggs, chopped bean sprouts, and chicken. Holy cow. It was phenomenal. AND it made enough for 2 dinners and 2 lunches. Woo hoo!
- I have enough time tonight to really get a good workout in. I'm excited that working out doesn't feel like as much of a chore as it used to. I wouldn't say I look forward to it, but I don't dread or avoid making time for it anymore.
- Saved the best for last... I was feeling blue because Husband has to work instead of us spending Valentine's night together, and then the doorbell rang and I received these:
I just love roses!
And I just love getting things in the mail!
And I just love being loved!
And I just love being a girl (sometimes)!
Oh, and I really do love the vase they came in, it's just beautiful!
Ah, almost forgot... Here is the delicious rice from this evening's dinner:
Okay, so it maybe doesn't look so good, but trust me... This is a recipe I'm definitely keeping. Speaking of recipes, I should probably give it to you, since it's definitely not my own... Here it is! Enjoy!
Happy Love Day to you! I hope you felt as blessed and loved as I did today!
If not, send me a message, and I'll do my best to convince you you're special!