Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day!

Day 43

Breakfast: strawberries and banana yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup low fat granola
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced pear
Lunch: pita sandwich (leftover steak, shredded lettuce, diced yellow pepper, and Italian dressing)
Dinner: green tea, FRIED RICE
Dessert: yogurt

Today. Was. Excellent.

For many lovely, wonderful, spectacular reasons:

  1. I got to sleep in. Days are always better when you get to go back to bed after breakfast.
  2. My dress slacks are 1-2 sizes too big for me. In fact, they can be pulled down without even having to be unbuttoned or unzipped. This is phenomenal.
  3. Weigh-in this morning showed I've lost 3 more pounds since last week. I'm gaining a better attitude about these numbers I've been getting week after week. As long as I'm still getting more than a pound off each week, I am truly satisfied. So blessed to be able to recover from this weight gain. 
  4. My client cancelled our session today (or, rather, his parents did). This gave me more time to spend with my husband this morning before I had to leave for class.
  5. Bray had a test in his class today and he feels that it went well. I am so proud of him that he has worked so hard this semester. He inspires me to keep at it and work hard. 
  6. This is made even better because we got one of our tests scores back today and I made an A! 
  7. Because the session was cancelled, I was able to leave school earlier, get to Crest earlier, and make it home earlier.. So I got to see Husband before he went to work (and had someone to help me unload the car, which is always a plus)
  8. The fried rice I made today was intensely delicious. I cooked it with peas and carrots, fried rice seasoning, soy sauce, chopped mushrooms, eggs, chopped bean sprouts, and chicken. Holy cow. It was phenomenal. AND it made enough for 2 dinners and 2 lunches. Woo hoo!
  9. I have enough time tonight to really get a good workout in. I'm excited that working out doesn't feel like as much of a chore as it used to. I wouldn't say I look forward to it, but I don't dread or avoid making time for it anymore.
  10. Saved the best for last... I was feeling blue because Husband has to work instead of us spending Valentine's night together, and then the doorbell rang and I received these:

I just love roses! 
And I just love getting things in the mail! 
And I just love being loved! 
And I just love being a girl (sometimes)! 
Oh, and I really do love the vase they came in, it's just beautiful! 

Ah, almost forgot... Here is the delicious rice from this evening's dinner: 

Okay, so it maybe doesn't look so good, but trust me... This is a recipe I'm definitely keeping. Speaking of recipes, I should probably give it to you, since it's definitely not my own... Here it is! Enjoy!

Happy Love Day to you! I hope you felt as blessed and loved as I did today! 
If not, send me a message, and I'll do my best to convince you you're special!

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet that he sent you roses!! oh, and i'm going to try that fried rice recipe because it looks delicious. i've never made it before but this seems like a good time to try it. :) i wish my day was that fantastic...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...