Friday, February 18, 2011

Opportunity

Day 47

Breakfast: green tea, bowl of cereal
Mid-afternoon snack: NONE
Lunch: turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo sandwich with fruit salad
Dinner: green tea, pork chop, sauteed yellow squash, onion, and green pepper
Dessert: NONE

What a great Friday! Husband was off work and we had nowhere to be.. It was awesome! After lunch, which was really tasty, by the way, we took Luke for a walk down to city hall so we could turn in our utilities bill. It was the longest walk we'd taken the pooch on, and it was nice to see him out and about around all the buildings and cars driving by... Completely calm. He kept his tail wagging the whole time! Plus it was a nice walk for Husband and I, too. We tried to keep the pace high. Not to mention I was wearing a no-sleeve workout shirt in the middle of February... The weather was just beautiful!

After we got home, I hit the books. I have a test coming up next week and I really need to get my head in gear. I reorganized, printed off, and highlighted my notes. Tomorrow I'll go ahead and make note cards.

While I was studying, Husband cooked dinner (I love it when he does things like that without me even asking). It was incredible. His pork chops are always ten times better than mine. Not fair.


I called it quits on the studying for today and watched my DVRed episode of "I Used to be Fat". Braylen is out jogging right now, so I'm going to use this time to do my own working out. 

Before I do that, though, I have to rant. I was talking to Bray about this earlier, because he watched the show with me. In this episode, the guy losing weight completely gave up. It's pretty typical in weight loss shows for motivation to go down at some point, but it usually picks up again. With this kid, it never did. I am actually shocked that they finished production and aired it. He only lost about 30 lbs, and after the show, he gained a lot of it back! It's really frustrating to me because so many other kids could've taken his place, given it their all, and gained so much more from it than he did. Shoot, I would've loved to be in his position!! Having someone there to guide me in the right direction in both nutrition and physical fitness? Please, sign me up! Just bothers me that someone would have so much potential and so much opportunity and they just squander it away. 

But I guess we all do that a little bit with a lot of things in our lives, don't we? 

Something to think about. 

________________________________________________________


Dear God, thank you so much for beautiful sunshine, and forgive me for throwing away opportunities you bless me with. Help me to use the skills and tools you've given me to reach my potential. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...