Friday, February 11, 2011

A List, Drool, Ravioli, Back Damage, and a Tired Pooch

Day 39

Breakfast: green tea, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon
Mid-afternoon snack: strawberries and banana yogurt
Lunch: leftover chicken-vegetable soup and a sliced apple
Dinner: leftover meat sauce over 1/2 cup penne pasta with a side salad
Dessert: strawberry shortcake yogurt

Things I Accomplished Today:

  1. Took two tests (and feel very good about both)
  2. Managed to stay awake during all four classes (although I can't say I was always paying attention)
  3. Talked to not one, not two... But THREE of my best girlfriends 
  4. Kissed my husband before he left for work
  5. Worked out at Tan & Tone 
  6. Did my workout DVD
  7. Did Wii Fit
  8. Watched five of my favorite shows (I Used to be Fat, American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, One Born Every Minute, and Jersey Shore)
  9. Started reading the March 2011 volume of Cosmo
  10. Solved world hunger

Okay, so maybe I didn't do that last one, but I'm still feeling pretty good about the rest of my day... Even if I am exhausted. I apologize for the late post. After finishing the fifth of my shows, rubbing my glazed-over eyes, wiping the drool from my mouth, and taking the dog out to pee (oh, and solving world hunger)... I realized I hadn't posted yet. Oopsie! Surely I will be able to make it up this weekend and post a little bit earlier. 

Although I can't promise so much for Saturday. Honey and I made a reservation at my favorite Italian place in Bricktown (Zio's) and then we're going to the Harkin's Theater to see "King's Speech". I'm not sure what time  we'll be getting home, but it will probably be another late post. Sorry! 

And I know I went on and on about eating Chinese for our Valentine's Day date, but here's the thing... A friend of mine introduced me to a new site called Hungry Girl, and it opened my eyes to the world of healthy, homemade fried rice (thanks, Allyson!)! So, instead of wasting our "cheat night", I figure I'll make a healthy version of it later this week.. Win/win situation! Another win... I looked up the calories for my favorite meal at Zio's (cheese ravioli on a nest of pasta) and it's about 860. Granted, this is a LOT for one meal, buuuuut I feel like after 40 days of conservation, piling on extra calories into one meal after taking it easy the rest of the day really isn't such an awful sin. 

And darn it, I'm not going to feel guilty! 

And now, I think, it's time for me to go throw myself into bed before I slept uncomfortably on this love seat and wake up in the morning with irreparable back damage (I'm sure it's happened to somebody, so it would definitely happen to me). 

Did I mention Puppy's been sleeping in our room with the crate door open for the past 3-4 nights? He has free range over the room and yet stays in his crate snoring all night. I'm so proud of our big boy!



See.. he's sleepy, too

Especially after watching Kirsten run a mile in under 10 minutes.
And then watching Steven Tyler have silly hair and listening to tons of auditioners get booted.
And then watching intense surgical procedures and deciding between award-winning clinical trials.
And then watching Ron and Sammie frighting all night and breaking up.
And then watching twins be born who have different fathers.

It's been a long night for Luke. He needs his rest now.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...