Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day: Part Three

Day 31

Breakfast: green tea, Greek egg scramble, strawberry yogurt
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced golden delicious apple
Lunch: green tea, salad with cucumber, tomato, and caramelized onion, and a sliced pear
Dinner: Oven BBQ chicken and sauteed yellow pepper, onion, and squash
Dessert: raspberry cheesecake yogurt

Sigh, well looks like Monday will be the only day this week that I went to school... It's cancelled for tomorrow as well. I can't say I'm at all disappointed. Braylen's had off all of these days with me, and it's been great!

I've been noticing, as our weight loss continues, that my husband's tummy is becoming noticeably smaller. I can hug him tighter and his clothes fit him to a T. In myself, however, I'm not seeing these kinds of changes. Now, I can tell a difference when I wear my jeans. They feel better, but when I see myself, I don't feel like I look better. Men lose weight easier than women, this I know... I just needed to vent my frustration. I know, the change will come. Just trying to maintain my patience as I wait for it to get here!

That being said, we're already plotting our cheat day. We agreed that taking a day off (and by "a day," I mean just a single dinner) in between cycles wouldn't be the worst decision we ever make. Instead of doing it in between cycles though, we're going to take our meal out over our early Valentine's Day weekend. Braylen has to work on Valentine's Day, so we're celebrating the weekend before... And, as I said before, my cravings for Chinese food have gone through the roof. We've decided that on February 12th, we're going on a date. We're going to split a meal at China Wok Express in Lawton (my favorite Chinese takeout place) and go see a movie (The King's Speech). I'm very excited to have a "normal" dinner of non-diet food!

Also, as I posted on Facebook earlier, a blog I follow posted a recipe for black bean brownies that I have to try ASAP! And, because they're fairly low-calorie, it really won't be too much of a stretch for our diet, once we reach the third cycle! Very ready to reach that stage of eating more regular foods... Even if I am dreading having to go back to cycle 1 after the third 17 day cycle. Ughh.. BUT, one day, it'll all be worth it.

I did my exercise for the day earlier.. Wii Fit and Gold's Gym Dance Workout. The Gold's Gym Workout also included cardio kick boxing, which I'm really enjoying. I think that I should've done it at the beginning of my workout though, because I had left it until the end and I felt like I was going to pass out and had to stop. ha. Getting better with it as each day goes by, though. Excited for the variety, especially since we're snowed in and I haven't been able to go to Tan & Tone.

Almost forgot, a picture of dinner:

I really need to get my butt in gear and start studying for the tests that were supposed to be tomorrow but have now been postponed until next week. Happy that there's an extension, now I just hope I don't ruin the extra time and waste it all away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...