Sunday, February 24, 2013

"Driving Slow on Sunday Morning"

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I write this as we get ready to head to church. We haven't been really good about going since the holidays, so we're trying to get back in the habit again.

It's kind of funny, because around the time we stopped going to church was the time we started making good choices for health/exercise. It always makes me wonder... Why is it that not everything can be going well, all at once? Why can't we do really well in one area, without another area falling short?

So we're making a conscious effort to make our spiritual lives be just as much of a priority as our physical well-being. It is, in our minds... But looking at our day to day lives, I'm ashamed to say you wouldn't know it. Occasionally we do well and remember to pray together. And in our hearts, God is number one. But it's so easy to just know and trust in that and not actually build on the relationship. It's like I "check out" on praying, reading devotionals, reading the Word... Because I know Jesus is LORD.... And he knows I know that.... So he knows why I'm not putting time into Him.

Which is just plain ridiculous.

I shouldn't put time into anything else that's not glorifying to Him. And truthfully, the things I'm doing likely are glorifying Him... I just don't regularly take the time to thank Him for it. I need to be better.

I will be better.

_________________________________________________

The crock pot is on and cooking away.... This week's menu:

Pesto Ranch Crock Pot Chicken
Crock Pot Fried Rice
Crock Pot Garlic Lime Chicken

_________________________________________________


BDR & I took a walk yesterday to the "falls" in our new town. It feels so good to call this place "home". Love this life we have together!!

2 comments:

  1. The falls look beautiful!! I can completely relate on the spiritual front. Too many time I find myself just going through the motions. I am making a conscious effort to spend more time alone with God now and it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Amanda!! That's where I hope I can get myself to... Taking the time throughout the day to make a conscious effort to talk with Him. I know it will make me feel and be so much better. Praying for us both!! =]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...