Saturday, February 26, 2011

Luke has a New Girlfriend

Day 55

Breakfast: green tea, eggs, and a yogurt
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced pear
Lunch: green tea and 1/2 bowl chili
Dinner: green tea, rest of chili from lunch
Dessert: kefir smoothie

We had a visitor today! Over Spring Break a friend from school is letting us puppy-sit for them while they take a much-needed vacation, so she brought Kitty (the dog, =]) over this afternoon to meet Luke and see how they get along. It was a little crazy in the beginning, but they definitely got better with time and I think they'll be just fine together in a couple of weeks. It'll be fun to see what life with two dogs would be like! And I meant to take a picture of them together and completely forgot.. Darn. Oh well, I will definitely take plenty when she comes to stay with us. Very excited about Luke's new girlfriend! 

In preparation for their visit, this morning I cleaned the kitchen and straightened the house, picked up all the trash in the backyard (including the kitty litter that Luke had sprawled all over the back porch [thanks for leaving the bags of kitty litter there, honey of mine!]), pooper-scooped the front yard, and showered (it was definitely necessary). I feel like after doing all of that and trying to hang on to Luke all day when he was going crazy are going to count as my exercise today. I didn't think yard work would be so tiring! 

I also ate a little lunch before they got here, and I have to say, I did something I've never before done while eating a meal. I was about 1/4 of the way through the bowl of chili when, mid-bite, the thought came to my head... "This is a lot of chili. I'm not hungry anymore. I don't want to eat." and I put the rest in the fridge and ate it later for dinner. I think this is a pretty revolutionary happening, and I felt it needed to be shared. I can't remember a time when I voluntarily wanted to not finish my food. Still sounds strange to me. 

So anyways, after they left, Husband and I hung around the house until he went to work. Then I tried to study. About halfway through my notes, I felt the overwhelming need to take a nap and I knew I wouldn't retain anymore until that happened, so I closed my laptop and immediately fell asleep. I think I slept for about an hour, and it felt so nice. I'm still feeling extraordinarily tired, so I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to do tonight. Really hoping I can get it taken care of tomorrow! 

Now I'm going to go watch TV, cos that's what I'm feeling up to right now.


Dear God, thank you for blessing me with good friends, and for giving Luke friends to play with, also. Forgive me for cussing at the stray dog that came at my puppy like he was gonna eat him. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...