Monday, February 28, 2011

Cheat Day

Day 57

Breakfast: Kefir smoothie
Mid-afternoon snack: NONE
Lunch: green tea, turkey roast, carrots, onion, and cabbage
Dinner: MCDONALDS
Dessert: NONE

What a good day. Class was fine, my client never showed, came home early, walked with Luke and my honey, then treated ourself to some McDonald's! We agreed that if we're going to have a complete cheat dinner, then we're going to completely cheat. No looking up nutritional facts, no getting side salads. So he got his old usual Big Mac meal and I finally got to try the new Angus burger. I know what you're probably thinking... "Great, now they've completely blown the diet!" Oh, but friends... That's just not the case. There is no doubt in my mind that our new eating habits are just that... habits. Our old ways of eating fast food every meal are just not something we think about anymore. The normal for us now is to eat healthily. We both agreed that after nearly 60 days of dieting and not cheating at all (unless you count a weekly diet soda cheating), we could afford to treat ourselves. And I know, personally, I learned a lot. Yeah, the burger and fries tasted great... But it wasn't the best thing I've ever eaten. I would love to be able to eat junk like that all of the time, but that's just not in the cards for me. And I've learned that that's okay. The food I cook is just as good, if not better. That angus burger and French fries did not rock my world, as they would have previously. It was almost kind of disappointing, actually. So no, I do not regret our decision. It was yummy and that's that.

Our Biggest Winner competition ended today. The winners haven't been posted, but we both achieved great loss in the process. Actually, it's kind of funny... We both lost the same amount over the 8-week competition: 30.2 lbs. each. Isn't that weird? Braylen said "Ah man, we really are married... Doing everything the same way!" I was so excited this morning to have reached my 30 lb. goal! If I can lose 30 lbs. every 8 weeks (not likely) I'll reach my ultimate goal in no time!

Oh, I picked up a syringe today for my BC shot. Bray had to shut his eyes when I gave it to myself. Silly boy. So glad that I was able to switch everything over to a local pharmacy. CVS, you're amazing!

Anyways, I'm going to go do a good workout and get to bed. After today it's gonna be study, study, study until midterms are over. I'm taking tonight off because it's Husband's day off.

________________________________________________________

Dear God, thank you for giving me the tools to make healthy food decisions (including knowing when we're ready to have a cheat day). Forgive me for being happy my kiddo didn't show today so I could come home earlier. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. 60 days of no cheating on your diet is AMAZING!!! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kaycie! 30lbs is amazing!!!! You & Brayden deserved a well-earned cheat day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...