Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rediscovery

Day 45

Breakfast: green tea, strawberry orange yogurt in 1/2 cup granola
Mid-afternoon snack: banana
Lunch: turkey, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, fat free mayo, in a whole wheat tortilla shell
Dinner: 1/2 turkey breast with sauteed green beans
Dessert: Fudgesicle


Today was a good day. I woke up this morning and went with Braylen to sit with his grandma Betty and dad while they ate breakfast. It was so nice to see them! Then we came back home, he went to class, and I went back to sleep for another hour. I got up, ate lunch, and headed to school. My kiddo was able to make it in today, so after class we had our session. It was nice to get back to normal and he was excellent today, which made it even better! Afterwards I came home and got started on dinner. I decided on the drive back to Chickasha that I really needed to get my butt in gear tonight cos I've really been running out of hours watching TV before my priorities are finished. That being said, while dinner was cooking I washed dishes and started making the black bean brownies for game night tomorrow! And after I'm finished posting I will do my workout, shower, and if I have time watch a show or two. Good heavens, that brownie batter is DELICIOUS, so I just know the brownies are going to be great... Even if pureed black beans doesn't sound appetizing in the slightest.

Speaking of... The buzzer is going off.. Gotta go check them!



Oooopsie, I ate them all.



Just kidding. But they are finished and look amazing! Can't wait to try one tomorrow!

Anyways, I decided yesterday that there are a number of things that are easier to do now that I've lost a little bit of weight.

Ten Things That are Easier Not Being as Fat

  1. Taking a shower. My shower is tiny, it's hard to maneuver. Enough said. 
  2. Drying off after a shower. 
  3. Tying shoes. Don't take things like that for granted, people.
  4. Getting off the couch (without grunting).
  5. Walking up the stairs at school and being able to recuperate in under 5 minutes.
  6. Taking a quick walk and being able to hold a conversation, simultaneously, without gasping for breath between sentences.
  7. Buttoning/Zipping pants. So much easier. 
  8. Hugging my husband. Or hugging anyone, for that matter. I don't feel like as big of a monster.
  9. Crossing my legs while seated.
  10. Being a good wife. I take care of myself, my husband, and my house better than I ever did before. 
I hope I can keep expanding this list as I discover new things that I didn't know were missing from my life. 

It feels good to feel good

________________________________________________________


Dear God, today I thank you for overdraft coverage at our bank. Without it, Husband would have been without gas and couldn't have made it to work and back. Forgive me for forgetting to leave him my credit card before I left town today (like I said I would) and it being all my fault. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...