I have been a bummer lately, and I just want to officially declare my apologies.
I am not a grump, I just have been very grumpy lately.
School is a pain, Husband is away 6/7 nights, my puppy is a disaster case, and did I mention school is a pain?
Top 10 Reasons Why I Should Shut My Mouth:
- I am married to the best man I know. He takes care of me, provides for our household, makes me laugh, loves me relentlessly, thinks babies are cute, loves our Lord, has a really cute puppy-dog look, and hugs and kisses his momma, daddy, and brother each and every time he sees them. I adore him. And that's that.
- God gave me this opportunity to go to graduate school. He gave me not only the opportunity itself, but the skill to get there and the support to see me through. I attend a wonderful school that many people would love to get the chance to learn within.
- When I'm lying on the couch, watching TV (as I often do.. don't judge me), Luke will every once in a while wake from his comfortable nap on his doggie bed to come check on me. He lays his puppy head on my knee and waits for his puppy rub. How do you not smile?
- My parents and in-laws support me 100%. That's extremely hard to come by.
- Multiple people pray for me daily. I shouldn't let them down by sabotaging God's work in my life.
- I get to hear Christmas music every day.
- When I drive to school, I get to watch the sun come up. God shows me what beauty can be.
- Things like this sometimes happen: The other day I looked pitifully at Husband and pouted saying, "You know what I wish I had right now?" and he silently got up and got me a pair of socks because he knew my feet were cold. This particular instance had never happened before, he just knew what I needed. Like he always does. See #1.
- I have a few really good friends. They're few and far between, so I'm extremely thankful for the ones I have.
- I'm alive today.
To illustrate my last remark
Jonah and the whale
Noah and the ark
What did they do
just when everything looked so dark?
They said we gotta accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
And don't mess with Mister In-Between