Friday, June 17, 2011

BYOC (Bring Your Own Crazy)

It’s time for BYOC...Bring Your Own Crazy!! We answer some questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!

1. Do you make your bed every day? Tell us about or show us a picture of your bed comforter?
No, we do not make our bed every day. I doubt our bed is made once a week. We (and when I say "we", I mean "I") only make the bed for three reasons: 1) If we're going to have company over who haven't seen our house and will be getting a tour, 2) if it has gotten so wildly out of control that the sheets are tangled and the comforter is falling off the end of the bed (I can't sleep in a messy bed), or 3) after we wash the sheets. 


The first comforter we had for this bed was a wedding gift, and although it was exactly what we registered for and we were so thankful to receive it.. It was from Walmart and fell apart within a month. So we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and purchased the one we have now, which I think could withstand a nuclear bomb. It's incredibly warm, and has zero signs of wear/tear on it, even though we have been using it for several months. Our sheets, on the other hand, are not so durable. They, too, were a wedding gift. There were absolutely gorgeous when they were new, but within a couple of days they had developed those little "pills" by our feet from getting caught on our dry ankles or something (TMI?) and it's only gone downhill from there. We need to buy new ones, but we want to get good sheets, to avoid this happening again.. So we need to save up first. 


Old bedding that fell apart.

New(er) bedding <3


2. Johnny Cash or Elvis? Thin crust pizza or deep dish? Coke or Pepsi? Beer or wine or neither?
Hmm.. To be truthful, I listen to neither Johnny Cash nor Elvis, though I like a few songs by both. Neither ever caught my full attention though, if I'm going to be honest. 


Have to have deep dish or hand-tossed. Thin crust is my absolute least favorite. To the point where I'd rather not have pizza than eat thin crust. And that's a serious statement, friends. (You know I'm a food addict, right?)


I'm not a big fan of regular Coke or Pepsi. I'd much rather have Diet Dr. Pepper (my drug of choice). Some movie theaters don't provide Diet DP though, so BDR has turned me on to Diet Coke as an alternative, although it's still not, at all, what I prefer. 


No thanks to beer or wine. I've never been a big fan of either. Make me a mixed drink, though, and I'm right there with you! 



Mmm... Sprite Zero + Watermelon Schnapps = Favorite


3. I recently went through my list of blogs I follow and was at my limit so I unfollowed bloggers who haven’t blogged in at least 6 months. I want to start following some more new blogs. Who’s your fave lately? Funniest? Most inspiring? Can you link them for me??
Well, this could take all day. I'm only going to post a few of them that have stood out to me lately, because I literally could spend all day talking about the blogs I've found in the past 4 months. These are in no particular order (well, I guess they're alphabetical, since I went down my blog list and picked them out, and it happens to be ordered alphabetically): 

  1. Chubby McGee is one of my new favorites!! She is a fellow weight-loss blogger and she inspires me each and every day with her encouraging updates and comments. I feel like we are going through this together, as we started our journeys within the same time period, and it's so nice to have that kind of bond. I don't know her name and we are not FB friends (although I would like to be!), but I do feel like we are friends. It's nice to know someone is going through something so pivotal at the same time as you. Good luck and you're doing great, Chubby (or not-so-chubby-anymore) McGee!! 
  2. Confessions of a Young Married Woman was one of the first blogs I started reading. She is a fellow redhead and Christian, and her personality, marriage values, parenting beliefs, and sense of humor are a breath of fresh air. I love her updates about her beautiful kiddos and the stories she shares about life with her husband. We have never exchanged comments, and she doesn't know that I exist.. But that's the amazing (and creepy) thing about blogging. She is definitely a blogger I would recommend following. 
  3. Enjoying the Small Things. Kelle Hampton is an amazing photographer and blogger who writes about thought-provoking and heart-warming events that happen with her and her two girls (the youngest of which happens to have Down Syndrome and lights up my day with her smiles beaming at me through the screen). She inspires me to be diligent in taking pictures of my children, when that time comes, because the photographs she takes are just priceless. You really should check out her blog! 
  4. Girl's Gone Child is written by a mommy of two with two more on the way. It's so fun to see her beautiful pregnant belly growing with each passing week. I'm excited to meet her two new little ones very soon! Aside from being a stunning pregnant mother, she also writes beautiful and often thought-provoking posts that I so look forward to reading. Oh, and she's also hilarious. 
  5. The Glamorous Life of a Housewife. Another redheaded blogger I feel I share a bond with (if only because of our hair color). I took note of her blog when I realized she lives in the same state as I do. She has such a cute little family, and I just love her updates. 
  6. Thinfluenced. Sarah was the first fellow weight-loss blogger to ever comment on the blog and reach out to form a friendship with me. She kicks so much ass in the gym everyday and (most importantly) in the fight against her 11-year-old son's cancer. I am truly (truly) inspired by you each and every day I read about your progress or Cole's progress, and I thank you so much for being the person and mother to him that you are. You have no idea the amount of lives you have touched and it amazes me each and every day the positive attitude you have about all of the struggles you're faced with. You are inspirational and special and beautiful, Sarah, and don't you ever forget it! 
  7. this is me, now is written by my amazing cousin-in-law, Carli. I look forward to every post she writes because they are always either hilarious or thoughtful (sometimes, most times, both). I've so enjoyed getting to know her better through the blog world. You all should definitely head over to follow her blog ASAP! 
Wow, that took longer than I expected.

4. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
My week in blog land was pretty boring, I would say. I didn't do so hot on the dieting during the beginning of this week, so my posts were pretty blah. I did get several responses regarding The Salad Post (I hope you enjoyed it, if you tried it!). Five Steps Back and Life With(out) My Best Friend were both pretty hard for me to write, but as usual... I felt better after they were posted. I mentioned using myfitnesspal.com in Day 163 and I have since become obsessed with the site. I absolutely love it. Inside These Walls, posted last night, was an update on the changes we've been making to the house. And that pretty much sums up the week. 


In real life, I had a fairly easy week (as far as school goes). My Friday forum class was cancelled, which meant I only had to go up to school Tuesday and Thursday (Hallelujah!). It was so nice to be able to sleep in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!! As I said earlier, I did struggle quite a bit with the diet at the beginning of this week (coming off of the weekend) but I've picked it back up again. Hopefully I don't let myself make those same mistakes this weekend that sabotaged me at the beginning of this week. 


That's all for now! I'll be back later tonight for my regular update! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful comforter and that drink sounds to die for. I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked through your 'pictures of progression' I am so impressed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watermelon schnapps and sprite sounds like the perfect summer drink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...