Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Breast Bandit

Woo hoo! We survived our first week!! Can't say it's always been easy, but it sure as heck wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Having nothing but healthy food in the house and having a menu to work off of has really helped to keep us on track!

Breakfast: green tea, lemon water, 1 scrambled egg with 2 egg whites, white chocolate strawberry yogurt
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced pear
Lunch: green tea, taco salad, a sliced pear
Dinner: green tea, stir fry chicken with vegetables
Dessert: Boston Cream Pie yogurt

After lunch today we went to the grocery store (aka Walmart) to stock up for the next ten days. Of course, we'll have to go back several times to restock on the things we have often (so far we've been having to go back to the store for apples, pears, yogurt, and various vegetables), but we got quite a bit of stuff to hold us over for now.

When we came back we watched some SVU, then eventually I went to make dinner. After the chicken was defrosted for the stir fry, I set it on the cutting board so I could cut it into strips. Nature called, so I left it there for a minute to go take care of business. I quickly realized I'd made a mistake when I heard the jing-jing-jangling of Luke's dog tags headed toward the kitchen. I hurried out of the bathroom, but it was too late. An entire chicken breast, gone, in under 5 seconds. I've never seen a creature eat something so quickly. After Husband thoroughly disciplined him, we got out another breast to thaw, but I'm still upset with our pooch. He's never gotten anything off the counter before, and that chicken was expensive! Needless to say, he's going without dinner tonight, although I think a huge chicken breast hardly counts as "going without dinner". But it makes me feel better, so I'll be silly and neglect my perfectly innocent puppy.

Both meals today were excellent, if I do say so myself. Husband was happy also. Definitely will repeat those recipes at a later date!

We watched E.T. during dinner, because it is one of our Netflix movies and I've never seen it before. I'm glad I can say I've seen it, but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. Verrrrrrryyyyy Ssssslllllowwwww. But oh well.

I'm so proud of Husband. He's studied for probably a total of two hours already today and he's back at it again now... After only one day of class! Sigh... Robin and I taught him well. =]

Probably gonna start another episode of SVU and call it a night... Happy Monday tomorrow! (We weigh in every Monday, so we're kind of anxious to see how it goes... Wish us luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...