Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 8

Well, we made it through our first week, long enough to do our second weigh-in... 

Me:
     Last week: 290.0
     This week: 279.8

Husband:
     Last week: 211.0
     This week: 199.8

WOO HOO for us!! I'm so excited that it's actually working!! I never thought I could lose so much in such a short amount of time! And Husband losing so much also is icing on the cake! Except for that he's definitely going to reach his goal before me, and we're struggling to figure out how to resolve him going back to normal eating while I'm still dieting full time. BUT, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, focusing on one day at a time! 

I rejoined my old "gym" today and now have a year membership at Tan & Tone. It was nice to slip back into a familiar way of exercising, cos these workout DVDs are so wacky to me. I think I'll still do them, in addition to Tan & Tone, just to get even more work done. I'm feeling extra motivated, now that I'm seeing results!

Still working on forgiving my puppy for devouring that slice of chicken. Maybe one day he'll be in my good book again.


Just kidding... Kind of.

Sigh, Husband is back at work. Wah, wah, wah... Wish it wasn't the case, but we need the $$$. I'm so proud of him for going back to school. I know I've said it before, but I just think he's somethin' special. He's working so hard already.. I can feel an A comin' on!

Speaking of.. I got a letter from OU today saying I made the Dean's Honor Roll. Didn't think I did well enough for that, so that was pretty good news. 

Oh, oops, forgot to post foodage today...

Breakfast: green tea, lemon water, 1 scrambled egg w/2 egg whites and a small squirt of sugar-free ketchup (don't judge me... I've liked it since I was a kid)
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced apple
Lunch: green tea, leftover taco salad, a sliced pear
Dinner: green tea, grilled turkey burgers and vegetables (today was squash, onion, and cabbage)
Dessert: strawberry shortcake yogurt

Have some new recipes to try to tomorrow... Looking forward to shaking things up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...