Mid-afternoon snack: NONE
Lunch: green tea, leftover chicken-vegetable soup
Dinner: green tea, turkey chili
Dessert: haven't picked a flavor of yogurt yet
Today felt like a very long day. After lunch I drove 30 minutes up to Crest Fresh Market south of OKC and bought groceries for the upcoming week. I ended up spending almost $200, which was more than intended. Spending $100 or more anytime I go to the store gives me very bad anxiety (not kidding in the least) so I was kind of grouchy by the time I got home (sorry Husband!). However, the blow was a little softer because last night, when cleaning, I came across a Christmas card that still had a $100 bill in it. Woo hoo! So that took care of more than half the expenses. Now I just need to find another $100 for next week!
Christmas break is coming to a slamming halt, and I need to review the list of things I wanted to accomplish over the break. Seeing as I don't actually have school tomorrow (thank heaven for MLK, Jr.), I could review the list tomorrow, but I'll do it today instead! Cos I said so...
- Work on the scrapbook I started for Braylen and I last year. Well, that didn't happen. I will say we (cos Bray helped!) put together an outline of the pages we need to work on. And I bought more scrap book paper and a straight-edge cutter. Kept meaning to go back for the picture tape I forgot, and it just never happened. However, now that I have the paper, I do feel more motivated! The diet just took over the remainder of the break for me.
- Religiously keep up with the housework. I am pretty darn proud of myself for actually sticking to this one (for the most part). I won't say there's not a speck of dust in my house and I won't say everything has always been in its place 100% of the time, but I've kept up with it much better than I had before! AND I only asked for help with the dishes two times (yes, I kept count).
- Speaking of religion, I'd like to find a church home for us. Sadly, this did not happen. The only excuse that I have is that (because I'm on break) I never know what day of the stinkin' week it is!
- Work double-time on puppy training with Luke. We do work on his commands often, but I wouldn't say we've taught him many new ones. I don't feel guilty, however, because I feel like I've gotten to spend a lot of quality time with my pooch this break and do a lot more things with him that I've been wanting to (daily walks, a trip to the dog park, going into Pet Smart, etc.). He's a spoiled pooch, I gotta say.
- [If finances allow for it,] I'd like to work on house decor a little bit. Umm, finances definitely didn't allow for it. Sorry, house!
- FINALLY order the prints from our wedding. Geez, this didn't happen either!
- Watch movies with my honey as often as possible. I will say.. Even if it was a challenge at times to get him to focus with me on a movie, we did watch a lot over the break. Success!
- Spend as much time as I can with my parents, parents-in-law, and friends. Although it's never enough time, of course, I did get to see many family members and friends over the break. There were even a few spontaneous visits here and there, which are always nice!
- Continue to write on my blog to document what I can accomplish over the break. Check!
- Plan for and start buying the foods I'll need to start my diet in January. Bought and eaten!
Okay, so I didn't meet all my goals... But these were for fun!
Thank goodness no grades are given!
Weigh-in is tomorrow!!!!! I'm not going to try to contain my excitement anymore. I just want to know where I stand! I'm anxious I won't have lost as much this week because I've been kicking up the intensity and quantity of my workouts, but even if I didn't, I know it will pay off in the end! Wish me luck!