Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ice Day

Breakfast: green tea, 4 scrambled egg whites, orange cream yogurt
Mid-afternoon snack: NONE
Lunch: green tea, grilled chicken salad with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and carrots, and a sliced golden delicious apple
Dinner: green tea, 1/2 cup brown rice, sauteed carrots, onion, and squash, 1/2 cup sauerkraut
Dessert: NONE

Well, school was cancelled today because of the icy roads so I got to stay at home all day with my honey before he went to work. It was pretty fantastic to get an extra day off... This school week was only 2 days long! Altogether, it was a really lazy day (note: me still in my pajamas at 7:15 PM). Luke stayed in with us because once the ice/"snow" melted, the ground was pretty wet. He was a sad pooch, but we didn't give in. Tried to keep him occupied most of the day with love and a bone.

We didn't really kick off cycle 2 with as big of a bang as we could have, because we kind of forgot to cook all of the food. We're so used to having almost nothing for lunch that we made the salad and completely forgot to have the rice. And then we wanted to have turkey patties for dinner and Husband had an accident with my patties, so I just made up for it with the rice for dinner. Sigh, the sacrifices wives make for their husbands...

I guess the positive side of it all (at least for puppy) is that the patties were able to be salvaged enough that he occasionally will get pieces of it in his food as a treat. We do spoil him every once in a while, it's true.

Other than cooking, today was spent mostly catching up on my shows (and I do have quite a number of them). I watched SVU, Jersey Shore, The Next Great Baker, I Used to be Fat, and will watch Grey's Anatomy and another episode of Jersey Shore later tonight, after they're finished recording (so I can skip through commercials). To say I love TV is an understatement. But these days I don't feel quite so bad. I've been able to prioritize and manage my time a lot better lately so that I only watch my shows on DVR when I have everything else completed AND I don't stay up late to watch anything if I need to wake up in the morning. I'm really hoping this discipline will continue as the school year forges on, but we shall see!

Ummm... by the way, still have baby fever. Just thought I'd give you an update. But still waiting, of course.

Woo hoo for having all my homework done before the weekend even started!! Now I can just relax and take care of my husband, puppy, and house!

Have a blessed Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new color scheme! It was so nice to have an extra day off and get things done around the house. I wish we had days like this every week!!! Hope you guys have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...