Monday, April 11, 2011

[Non]Manic Monday

Day 99

Breakfast: yogurt and granola
Mid-morning snack: NONE
Lunch: pita w/tuna salad, a banana, and yogurt
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/feta cheese and grape tomatoes with a turkey and cheese sandwich
Dessert: Skinny Cow mint chocolate ice cream sandwich

Had a great day today! I woke up dreading the scale, and turned out to have another loss week. It was, again, only 0.4 lbs, but I'm just so thankful I didn't gain. It actually was kind of uplifting because I really had a number of treats last week and to still have been able to maintain by weight is pretty darn encouraging. However, maintaining THIS weight is not anywhere near my goal, so I need to quit with the treats. But it is nice to know that when the time comes I will be able to manage the new number while still enjoying a few treats now and again.

After breakfast we went back to sleep and I slept until the last possible moment when I had to get up and head to school. Class went well and my kiddo actually showed up (and only 5 minutes late!) so that was nice. My grocery shopping was quick and easy b/c my list was so short, and I actually made it out of there in under $100, which has only happened once before. When I got home I was feeling motivated so I changed and went straight to Tan & Tone before I had a chance to talk myself out of it. I feel like every time I go there the machines feel more productive. I can feel my muscles working more and more, and I love it! I came home, ate dinner, watched Secret Life, and now I'm typing this on the kitchen counter because I'm making pasta and asparagus for our lunches tomorrow. Yum! Really looking forward to it!

I posted yesterday before I did my exercise, so I didn't get to share with you how big of a success it was! I went for an interval walk/jog with the pooch and, unlike last time, I didn't feel like dying afterwards! I really concentrated on taking my time with each stride and controlling my breathing... And I paced myself and took time to recover in between each job burst. Overall, I think it was much better for me at this point, and my throat didn't hurt at all from breathing, so that was a major plus! I actually wanted to do it again today, but figured I should probably take a trip to Tan & Tone since we pay for it and I hardly ever go (it was so much more convenient to go when I lived next door to the building).

Anyways, my water's boiling so I better go! Hoping I get some energy back tonight so I can at least get another paragraph or two into this paper.

'Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...