Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just Tango On

Day 97

Breakfast: yogurt and granola
Mid-morning snack: banana
Lunch: birthday cake, one slice of pepperoni pizza, and 2 cookies
Dinner: fried rice and beef and broccoli
Dessert: too many chips and dip

Ugh. My belly has been in a perpetual state of Full today and I feel like poooooop. However, I had an amazing day.

Highlights:

  1. I got to hold, kiss, and sniff the head of an absolutely gorgeous 7 month old baby girl who I have not seen since Christmas. I could probably stop here, because this was enough to make the day wonderful.
  2. I got to eat birthday cake at the previously mentioned angel's big brother's 4th birthday party. This is made even better because the cake was in the shape of a bug. Who doesn't like eating bugs?
  3. Braylen was with me all day. And I love him.
  4. I got to spend time with my MIL, BIL, SIL, and favorite nephew. And I love them.
  5. I'm maintaining a positive attitude even though I'm positive I will have another week go by without losing any significant amount of weight. 
And now I will explain. The past several weeks, I've gotten very lax on the diet. And by "very" I mean one or two days a week having meals not following the diet. And only having one or two days where I make it a point to exercise. Following the diet to a T has, obviously, come to a halt. This could be because I no longer consult the Diet Bible for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I feel as though I know the diet backwards and forwards and no longer need The Book to decide what meals we eat. We know what we like (from the diet) so we cook accordingly. That being said... This allows for more wiggle room when we're not feeling like cooking. Sigh. Something has to give. 

Anyway, Husband and I just watched Scent of a Woman (which, contrary to what I guessed by the title, is not about a woman!!) and although the context in which it was said has nothing to do with my diet, a quote stuck out to me. 
If you're tangled up, just tango on.
I mean, is it not genius? It's self-explanatory, so I won't try to analyze it further than what it is, but it really struck a cord with me tonight. I've felt like lately I've been missing something. Not from my life, necessarily... But I've felt like I'm not doing something I'm supposed to be doing. That I'm not appreciating my life as much as I should. That I'm not following the rules of the diet as well as I should. That I'm not taking care of my home as I should. That I'm not living my life for God as He would have me do. I've been... tangled up. And now I'm ready to tango on. I'm ready to let go and let God. I'm ready to stop worrying. Stop over-analyzing. Stop trying so hard.

Just. Stop.

And tango on.

________________________________________________________

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5: 6-7 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    I think we all have times like that---where life sort of weighs on us and we think "How in the world did I get HERE?" I know I have that pretty often... I pray for guidance alot; you can never have too much.

    That said, I love that quote!

    Sarah
    TheWeatheredWord.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that I'm not following the diet like I should. My goal wasnt just to lose the weight, but to maintain, and I feel i'm not doing that well. So once we go back to phase 1, I'm going to try to be as dedicated as I was when we started.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...