Monday, April 18, 2011

Temper Tantrums

Day 106

Breakfast: eggs and a yogurt
Mid-morning snack: NONE
Lunch: grilled chicken breast with veggies lovingly prepared by my wonderful husband
Dinner: chicken strips and french fries from Chicken Express
Dessert: NONE

Yay!! Success!! I lost another 3.8 pounds this past week! That brings my grand total to exactly 46 lbs lost! Very happy with that and excited to reach 50!

So yeah, we had Chicken Express today. What of it? It's Bray's night off and I now have 6 days to work it off before the next weigh-in. It was yummmmmmy, too!

Something just happened that I feel I need to share with you. First, let me tell you a story...

In clinic, I am seeing a 4 year old boy who likes to throw temper tantrums when I don't let him play basketball or baseball every second of the session and ask him to actually do, ya know... work. Anyways, his tantrums are always the same.. He's "crying" but there are no tears. And what really puts him over the edge is when I ignore him (which is my version of "time out" for him, because it does the trick so perfectly). He goes nuts. Absolutely bonkers when I stop paying attention to him. I go so far as to not even look at him. Just let him cry and cry (and I use the term "cry" loosely) before he finally gives up and says "I'm ready!" and goes back to his smiling and adorable self.

Now, let me tell you what just happened in my house. With my 26 year old husband. (Keep in mind, this happens on a near daily basis). I'm attempting to write my blog. He comes over whining because I haven't kissed him enough and demands a kiss. I refuse because
1) I'm in the middle of something,
B) I like to watch him whine, and
III) Ignoring him makes him whine more.

Which makes for a really good blog parallel. If I ignore the temper tantrum, it becomes exponentially worse before they ("they" being my 4-year old client and my 26-year old husband) figure out that crying will get you no where with me. I just love finding similarities between my husband and preschoolers (and Luke).

Sigh... I just love that man. He's cute and he makes me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. He was known to hit his head against any hard surface to express his displeasure at not getting his way. I'm so glad he's grown up!
    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Robin... loves it. Kace- that is too priceless... and so inevitably true!! haha. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...