Sunday, March 6, 2011

Whirlwind

Day 62

Breakfast: NONE
Mid-afternoon snack: baby carrots
Lunch: yogurt and sliced pear
Dinner: taco salad (shredded lettuce w/ground turkey, onion, tomato, and salsa
Dessert: yogurt

I'm tellin' ya.. This weekend is NOTHING like I had planned. I'm not complaining that it turned out completely different, but it sure kept me guessing the whole time!

I had every intention to stay in on Thursday and do nothing but watch my DVR shows. However, that was before my good friend reminded me we were supposed to study together that night. So we studied from about 9:30 to around 2AM. I didn't go to bed until 4 something. Then Friday, since Bray had off and I'd studied the night before, we decided to go and see my parents. We ended up going out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and I tried to be good. I ordered a 6 oz. sirloin (even though beef isn't allowed in this cycle), sauteed onions, and fresh vegetables. However, I only ended up eating half of everything cos 1) I felt guilty about eating the steak and 2) the vegetables and onions were DRENCHED in butter.

Just sayin'.. If you wanna eat healthy, don't go to Texas Roadhouse.

Afterwards we went back to my parents' house, watched TV and hung out. Then one of my best friends came over because she got engaged on Thursday and I was excited to see her ring! We visited with her and her fiance for a while and then left around 11:45 or midnight (I can't really remember).

Today was also a whirlwind. I had every intention of staying home all day to study for my midterms next week, but I decided to go back to my parents' because there was a meeting at my mom's house I wanted to be at. I intended on getting there in the morning, but didn't make it in until 1:30. By that time, because of my lack of sleep I'd been getting, I was too out of it to study so I napped until the meeting at 3. After the meeting I decided to come back home to study with another friend of mine. We got some good hours of studying in and then I went home around midnight. Unfortunately, her baby girl got sick all over her bed so I turned around and went back to help her take care of cleaning up and making sure she was alright. I left at about 2 and here I am!

I've really been struggling this week maintaining focus on the diet. I haven't given up or anything, I just keep getting discouraged by how BADLY I still want the old foods we used to eat. Yesterday at TX Roadhouse there was a girl I saw eating a cheeseburger and fries and it looked heavenly. I had to stop myself from taking it off her plate (which is all the more gross because she'd already eaten half). I just find myself longing about foods that I know I can't have, and it's happening more frequently. I could sure use prayer that I maintain my determination, because I really need to see this through until the end.

Sorry about the lack of updating yesterday but these late nights aren't the best for my blog-writing motivation.

I'm now going to finished this episode of Secret Life and crawl into bed.

________________________________________________________

Dear God, please watch over MA tonight and heal her precious little body. I pray that my classmates and I can maintain focus in the upcoming week, as we head into our midterms. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you. Forgive me for missing those opportunities too frequently. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being my study partner tonight and most importantly my friend and nurse! You don't even know how much of a help you were (I just don't think you realize). Thanks again! You will make a wonderful momma someday and maybe one day I can return the favor! Thanks again... and if I have any juice left in my body at the end of the day, we can start all over again - with the STUDYING NOT the VOMIT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...