Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm on the Right Track, Baby

Day 79

Breakfast: 4 eggs whites with 1/2 sauteed onion and a black bean brownie
Mid-afternoon snack: yogurt and banana
Lunch: burger patty w/cheese and green peas with a sliced apple
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad with grape tomatoes, 1/2 onion, feta cheese, and homemade honey dijon mustard vinaigrette
Dessert: black bean brownie

Yuck. Found out today that not only do I have a test this Thursday and next Wednesday, but also the Thursday after that. So this week and the next two weeks I have tests. Really? Really, OUHSC? I thought we were done with tests for now after midterms? This is ridiculous. So I have lots to look forward to over the next 7 weeks, apparently. At least my study skills are improving.. There's always that.

So let me tell you about this mustard vinaigrette I made this evening. I got the recipe from a blog called Gina's Skinny Recipes. I didn't go all out with the chicken (cos I don't ever feel like taking the time to make my salads an exciting experience) but the dressing was definitely worth it! Sooooo easy I can tell you the "recipe" now and you can skip going to the link (unless you want to make the coconut chicken, that is)!! All it is is 1 tbsp. oil (I use olive oil), 1 tbsp. vinegar (white wine or balsamic.. I used balsamic), 1 tbsp. honey, and 2 tsp. dijon mustard. Whisk with a fork, zap it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds... And mix in with the salad. Oh goodness, it was really good. (And I don't even like mustard)

I feel like today was one step into being on the right track again. It's a day-by-day process and it takes daily decisions to make it through this, but I feel like today was a success. Aside from the fact that I won't be able to do exercise (because of studying and helping a friend with senior recital invitations). That is life, and God will get me through it!

Anyways, the rest of my night (and foreseeable future) will be spent studying...

'Night, y'all!

________________________________________________________

Dear God, thank you for Spring-y, flow-y-cotton-dress-wearing weather. Please help us all get through these next couple of weeks. Ease the minds of those who are bogged down with stress or worry. Help them feel the peace of mind that only you can provide in times when everything seems like too much. In Your name, Amen.

________________________________________________________

Because everyone needs a laugh now and again... 

Remember the post I made a while ago about my dog sitting weirdly? 



Here's some more proof...

He sits on his actual butt more than any other canine I've ever seen.
One of the many quirky things we love about him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...