Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Cleaning: Part Two

Day 73

Breakfast: green tea, 4 egg whites, 1 diced potato, and 1/2 onion
Mid-afternoon snack: NONE
Lunch: black bean turkey chili
Dinner: green tea, romaine and spinach salad with grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, and feta cheese
Dessert: strawberry Kefir smoothie
Midnight snack: leftover turkey chili

I can honestly say that my house has never been this clean. Every room is spotless, all the laundry is washed, everything is put in its place... And this girl is very happy! It makes me feel so... refreshed?... to have a clean home. And because we replaced the wrong-sized curtain panel, all of my curtain-hanging is finished (well, except for hanging the sheers behind the dining room side windows). Here are some picture from the day:

I switched the curtains between windows. Still deciding if I like it all, but it's definitely better than it was before.

I just love the way this room is turning out. It's hard to tell by the picture, but it feels very airy and bright (especially with the windows open and the breeze coming through).

Finally found a place to hang our picture. I moved the tree hanging that was there into our bedroom and this just fit right in.

This wall hanging has the Bible verse we used during our wedding ceremony. My mom gave this to us a couple of weeks ago, and I think that it fits well under our day-after picture! 

I'm feeling so good after these past couple of days of cleaning. And it's perfect timing because we're having a St. Patrick's day party at our house tomorrow! Looking forward to having our friends over and hopefully not causing too much damage to the house (haha). Bray and I decided we're gonna let loose at the party tomorrow. He's gonna have a beer or two, and I have every intention to have a hot dog and hamburger and chips and dip... Because that's just what I feel like doing! After all the hard work I've put into this house over the past couple of days (and my back's definitely telling me I worked hard) I feel like I deserve to cut myself a break. 

Oh, something sad did happen today... Kitty left our home and went back to her own. Sigh. We will miss Sweet Kitty... And I know Luke will, too! She is a very sweet pooch, and we look forward to her visiting again (so go on vacation, Anne and Jimmie!). =]

Hope you all have a happy St. Patrick's Day!

(PS. Husband updated his blog today with pictures of his garden. Find it here!)

________________________________________________________

Dear God, thank you so much for giving us the strength and motivation to finished Spring cleaning our home today. Thank you for blessing us with this home! We are so fortunate... Thank you for everything you have given us! Watch over all of the St. Patrick's Day celebrators tomorrow.. Keep us all safe in Your arms. In Your name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...