Sunday, April 29, 2012

Goal Post

haha. Get it? Goal Post? I crack myself up.

I haven't really posted all of my weight loss goals altogether in one post, so I thought I would because it's something that's been on my mind a lot the past few days.

  • By this Friday, May 4th, I would like to be at 235 lbs (that's 4 lbs away). It is my final weigh-in with this round of Biggest Loser, and I want it to be a good one. Last year, the lowest weight I reached was 232 and I would love to beat that very soon, but know that's a little far-fetched to hit by Friday, ha. So 235 is my goal for this week, and 232 or below shortly thereafter.
  • By May 11th, I would like to be at or below 229 lbs (that's 10 lbs away). My ob/gyn appointment is that day, and at our last appointment in January, she challenged me to losing 30 lbs by our next appointment (weight loss is our main hurdle to cross before we try to have a baby so my ob/gyn is involved in the process now).
  • By November 1st, I would like to be at or below 199 lbs (basically under 200). It gives me "goosies" to think about being under 200 lbs. I don't think I have been since elementary school. Talk about a huge milestone. Really hoping I can finally make this one a reality. 
  •  By February 23, 2013 (my best friend's wedding) I would like to be at or below 180 lbs. We're going to Hawaii for their honeymoon (yes, BDR and I are going on their honeymoon with them... They came with us to ours, so it's only fair! ha) and Jess and I both want to be bathing suit ready by then! If I feel like I look acceptable (and not half bad) in a bathing suit now, at 239 lbs... I can't imagine what I will look like at 180! 
  • By July 1, 2013 (my 24th birthday) I would like to be at or below 150 (my goal weight).

Wow, to put it all in writing makes it seem so easy. ha. Five milestones away from goal weight? Sounds like a piece of cake (except I probably shouldn't eat any cake between now and then, ha). However, I know it will be so much harder than it sounds. Last year when we started this I thought for sure I'd be done at this point and here I am struggling with the same 10-15 lbs that I have been for the past 12 months. I don't want to start in on negativity, so I'll just say that it's a process and I'm still learning every day. Looking at these goals does make me so excited to achieve them and mark them off my list, one  by one. I wanted to put them all in one place so, as they are achieved, I can cross them off and we can celebrate together (since you all are the support that gets me through all these accomplishments)!

What are your goals, either short-term or long-term?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good of you to set these goals. Something to work towards and not in huge numbers like 85lbs or something.
    I'm just going to put this out there, you're just 23 years old. You have tons of years to try to have a baby. Why rush it? Make yourselves secure first!
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...