Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pooch Fashion

This post has been a long time coming. As you well know... I'm obsessed with my dogs. I'd probably mention them in every post if I didn't think I'd run you all away. So, fair warning... This post is about my dogs. Or, rather, about my dogs accessories.

Braylen and I don't have much money to spend on our pooches (as much as we feel they deserve it).

We try to buy toys that they enjoy that are sturdy enough to last a while. That doesn't always work, but we try.

See that white & red chew toy? [photo taken in August 2011]

It's still alive and kicking (See him "sharing it" with me?) [photo taken in March 2012]

Luke & Leia like to tear open and pull the stuffing out of dog beds. So I can't count how many of those we've gone through. We've stopped buying them. If they want to chew them up, they can sleep on the crate floor. (Which sounds cruel, but 95% of the time, Leia sleeps in our bed and Luke sleeps under the bed on the floor, where they prefer... So they don't spend much time in their crate).

Luke's first bed. (He's about 8-9 weeks old here)

Another bed (and toy that no longer exists)

Leia's first bed.

Luke & Leia sharing a bed (and pillow) that are now in heaven.

So now they're pathetically sleeping on the crate floor.

Only this is where Luke actually sleeps.

And this is where her highness actually sleeps. (It's a tough life)

Luke's worn the same dog tag for over a year now and Leia didn't even have one until last week because she kept chewing on her rabies tags and we didn't want her to ruin an ID tag we actually spent money on (she only has one now because she stopped chewing). 

[[Note: I was going to post pictures of their dog tags, because they're adorable, but realized it's probably not wise to post our number/address on the www... Both tags were purchased at PoochyCouture on Etsy.com and we couldn't be happier with them.]]

Anyways, my point is (and I promise I have one... Kinda)...

Our dogs aren't spoiled in all aspects.

The one area they are spoiled in, thanks to my mother-in-law, are their collars. She makes them new ones constantly. Basically one for every season and major holiday. They are so lucky to have a Grinny who can sew fabulous and durable dog collars (among her other many talents). So, without further ado, here are just a few of the collars our pooches have acquired...

 Matching Valentine's Day collars

Luke's bones/paws collar.

Luke's OU collar (no doubt Braylen's favorite)

Luke's 4th of July collar.
Leia's Christmas collar (sorry I don't have a better picture)

Leia's Halloween collar.

There are many more than I neglected to get a picture of. For instance, they're currently still sporting St. Patty's Day collars that I don't have photographed. When they change collars so often it's hard to remember what we have/haven't taken pictures of! But, I can't complain... That's a pretty darn good problem to have. It saves us money on collars, and our pooches always have the best ones around. 

Thanks, Grinny Robin!! Your grandpups sure do appreciate all the love you put into their fancy collars!! (And so do their parents). Looking forward to seeing your next creations! 

Thanks Robin!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! We have three very spoiled pooches also! And they eat all of their pillows also. In fact, I'm looking at one that looks pretty ratty. Ugh. On the other hand, they're dogs....so I guess I can excuse their obsession! lol

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...