Friday, May 18, 2012

BYOC--Bring Your Own Crazy

BYOC!!! Bring Your Own Crazy!!

It’s FRIDAY!!! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy, brought to us by Draz! We answer five little questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!!


1. What religion were you raised as a child, if any, and are you still a member of that faith today? Why or why not?
I was raised in a Lutheran church. We tried to go every Sunday, and I was involved in VBS and Sunday School. When I was in junior high we stopped going. I think it was a combination of getting a new pastor and my brother and I just not being into it (if I remember right, none of us were too thrilled about getting up/going on Sundays). I'm sure my brother and I not enjoying it wasn't the deciding factor, but in my mind it was. Anyways, I tried a couple churches with friends while I was in junior high, but nothing felt right. Then I went on a retreat my junior year of HS with a then-friend, who attended a Methodist church, and my parents and I soon became highly active members there. I loved the youth group. I loved the relationships I had with other members of the youth group, the youth group leaders, my new church family and, most importantly, with God. The things I learned about my faith and myself changed me forever. In college I tried to stay active in the youth group as a youth sponsor. I tried to go back multiple times a week (a 45min drive, one way) to participate with the youth and keep my faith alive. Eventually after almost 2 years of commuting, I lost my motivation. It was around that time I met and started dating Braylen, and I just lost focus. I'd like to say I've regained it, but we've yet to find a church home. It's only been in the past week I've started writing in my prayer journal again (what an answer to a prayer to receive a new one as a graduation gift last week) and really focusing on my heart. Long story to say: I am a Christian. I have had lots of distractions the past few years and that's no excuse. I'm ready to get back to focusing on God's plan for my life living to bring Him glory.

2. Do you have an all time favorite candy or do you change favorites often?
I love love love chocolate (Hershey's and Milka are my favorite). Jolly Ranchers (watermelon, cherry, and grape) are also at the top of my list. Oh, as well as Nerds. And Nerds Ropes. Wait... I forgot... I like all candy.

3. Are you a green thumb? Do you landscape your yard or plant any flowers or a garden? Do you pay someone to do it for you? Do you not plant a single thing?
I am not a green thumb. I do not landscape my yard or plant any flowers or a garden. I do not pay someone to do it for me. I do not plant a single thing.


However, BDR does mow, so at least we've got that going for us. He tried to do a flower garden last year in our front yard... But weeds won.



Maybe when we're in a home that feels more "permanent", I'll be more invested in curb appeal. I just haven't had the desire to care.

4. Let’s just say you were a tattoo junkie and you were planning your next tat and it had to be words only. What words would you choose? A quote? Phrase? One word? Would you do it in English or a different language?
If it had to be words only... Well, then I have no idea. BDR and I have been throwing around the idea to get one (not anytime soon, Robin =]) and we were thinking of a play on the number 7. We had our first date on the 7th, got married on the 7th, my MIL was born on the 7th, Bray's TBI was on the 7th, my birthday is in the 7th month... Several events revolve around the number 7. Plus, it's lucky, right?


Alright, so I'm not much to believe in luck, but I do like the number. If anyone thinks of a cool way to incorporate all of these with the number 7, let me know! (No dice, please)

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week.
Another tough week, but it's getting better. As I said, I've been utilizing a prayer journal all week, and it's amazing how much stress that relieves. When I give all my cares to him, it's like a weight's lifted. Although, speaking of weight... If you all visit my weight chart tab at the top of my blog, you will see that a weight, has in fact, been added. But right now, I can't care. My focus right now is getting my relationship with God back (will be rereading "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst ASAP) and overcoming my addiction to food. Not obtaining a number on the scale. I'm only continuing to weigh-in, because I told myself at the beginning of the year I would track every week.



Anyways, still no word on any jobs. Fortunately, BDR talked with his boss and they are willing to work with him this summer while he's in school so he doesn't have to quit (what a huge prayer answered, and what a weight off my mind). Now that we know he's still going to be working, there's not as much pressure to hurry and take the first job that comes along. I'm applying to places around my hometown in hopes that we can move closer to our parents (and a particular school system we like, for future children). So, that's all the news I have for now. Because the dark, twisty thoughts I've had in my mind the past week that I'm trying to get rid of. But y'all don't wanna hear about that, right..?

Oh, speaking of no news on the job front... I just (like 30 seconds ago, as I was typing this) got a call from the place I interviewed at last week. Not interested in hiring a new graduate. Cool.

Fortunately, I was going to turn down the job if they offered it, anyways... But damn. Just gotta remember... God's got me covered. He will provide. 

2 comments:

  1. I know you didn't want the job anyway but still, money is money!
    m.
    p.s. Don't get a tattoo.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I already have one. Whoops! My mom and I got a tattoo together when I was 18. =]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...