Monday, March 19, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday: Online Dating


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Online Dating

  1. Have you ever tried online dating? Yes.
  2. If you’ve done it, what did you like about it? What did you dislike? I liked that I could meet someone and get to know them before physical appearance could ever become a factor. Being overweight, that has always been an issue while dating. However, I changed my mind after a particular instance where I met this guy (online) and we hit it off. We started talking and texting everyday for weeks. Then it finally came time to meet... We met for coffee at a Starbucks. Talked for maybe 30 minutes.. The conversation went no where. And I never heard from him again. It was a huge blow to my self-esteem that he was totally interested and conversational before he saw me, then nothing right after. So I stopped doing the online dating thing. And wound up with a husband. =] I can't complain.
  3. If you haven’t done it, would you? If you have done it, would you do it again? Why or why not? Well, I've been dating the same guy for almost three years now, and things seem to be going pretty well. Think I'll stick with him for now.
  4. What precautions would you take before going out with someone that you met online? I only met 2-3 men in person who I originally met online. Each time I made sure we spoke via internet, texting, and phone conversation prior to meeting. The first guy I met online (and ended up dating off/on for a couple of years) I met in person for the first time at my parents house... I was still in high school and they wanted to meet him before we went anywhere. Every other time we met in public places.
  5. Do you have a favorite dating site?  If so, what is it?  At one point, I had signed up for eharmony, plentyoffish.com, and christianmingle.com, but I never met anyone through those sites and I never paid for a membership.
  6. What questions would you ask before agreeing to a date? I don't remember having a criteria of questions I wanted answered.
  7. How long would you correspond with someone online before meeting them? Usually a few weeks. Time to discern if a meeting would be worth while.
  8. In your opinion, what are the pros to meeting someone online? Well, kind of the same as before... Getting to know someone based on personality versus appearance.
  9. In your opinion, what are the cons of online dating? As nice as it is to not have to worry about physical appearance at first, attraction is imperative to make a relationship work. So that part of the puzzle has to come into play eventually, and once it does.. If one person or another is no longer interested, that can be really hurtful.
  10. Share a funny or embarrassing online dating experience with us if you have one.  It's been so long ago, I can't really think of anything.
Now it’s your turn!  Don’t forget to post your answers then go back to Kenlie @All the Weigh and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...