Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Feeling Better

Breakfast: yogurt; grapes
Lunch: sauteed chicken and mixed veggies
Snack: apple
Exercise: 30 minutes walk; 60 minute hot yoga class
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/dried cranberries, feta, 4 crushed fat free saltines, grape tomatoes, and Italian dressing
Snack: yogurt

Well, I'd say I'm officially back in the game.

It started on Saturday. I looked outside and realized I couldn't waste the beautiful day we were having. I put on my tennis shoes, pulled back my hair, grabbed Husband's iPhone to use the Nike+ app, and headed for a walk. I had it in my mind to walk to the cemetery that was about a mile away, walk around it once (it's a pretty good workout, considering how hilly it is), then head back home. I didn't realize it when I started that it would be about 3 miles... So I decided to just turn it into walking a 5k. I initially wanted to jog some also, but figured a consistent brisk walk would be better for me than burning myself out too early by trying to run. I also used my Lady Gaga station on Pandora to keep me in a quick rhythm. I haven't ever walked longer distances using music before (because I don't have a smart phone and can only use Husband's phone, obviously, when he's home) and found it REALLY helped me keep a steady, fast pace. I should probably look into getting some type of mp3 player, but we'll see.

My first 5k time from February 18th was 50:39, and Saturday's time was 52:04. I was disappointed to see I didn't beat my time before, but have to remind myself that the first time I walked it was on the treadmill and this past time was on hilly and rough terrain. When I do the same 5k outside again, I hope to do better than 52 minutes... I know I will do better than 52 minutes!

Anyways, the exercise started Saturday. I took Sunday off to spend with Husband. We ended up having an incredible day together... A day we've really needed for a while.

Monday is when diet and exercise combined for an entire day (Haaaaaallelujah). It's been a long time since I did well in both aspects. Yesterday I made healthy food choices and did an hour-long body pump class. Then today I did the same w/eating choices and did hot yoga. My body is definitely feeling all the extra movement I've been doing, but it's so nice to feel sore again. As crazy as that sounds, it's always been kind of satisfying to me to have sore muscles. It lets me know I've moved... Accomplished something that pushed my body.

It kind of stinks that the only reason I'm able to go to so many classes at the Y this week is because it's Spring Break and I don't have to go to grad classes. When school's in there's no way I can go Mon-Wed because I don't get out of my school classes in time to make it to exercise classes so I've only been able to do yoga on Thurs. One more reason why I can't wait to graduate!

Anyways, this week has been really nice to get back on track with everything. Mentally, it feels great to know I'm back on the right track making the choices I should've been making all along. I'm saying this, knowing that one day I very well may backslide as I have so many times on this journey. I'm saying this so that when/if that happens, I will know that at one point I realized that making good choices makes me feel better. I feel better each night I go to bed and I'm not still completely full from dinner. I feel better that when I look at myself in the mirror it's because I'm excited to see changes.. Not because I need to see the damage I've done by eating that last huge meal. I feel better walking down the street or walking on the treadmill. I feel better in yoga that I can push myself further.

I just feel better.

And I don't want to forget that.

Going in to this week's weigh-in with Biggest Loser, I really hope to put up a good number. I haven't updated yet on how this round's going because from starting weight to Week 1 I gained 1.8 lbs and didn't feel very proud of that. Week 2 weigh-in, I hope, will be a great loss. I have a deal going with another competitor.. We both want to lose 5 lbs this week. She has agreed that if she doesn't lose 5 lbs she will do 50 burpees. I have agreed that if I don't lose 5 lbs I will do a 1-minute plank, 1-minute wall sit, and 50 jumping jacks (all of which I hate doing and am not even sure I can do them for that long/many). So to ensure that I don't have to do them, I darn well better lose 5 lbs! I think that having mini weight goals like that might be beneficial for me.

I also have another goal: Under 200 lbs by the end of October. That gives me 7 months to lose about 50 lbs. It will be hard, but I really want to be finished with the 200s. I'm so tired of gaining/losing the same 15 lbs. I want to be rid of the 240's by Week 3 weigh-in (March 30th) and be out of the 200's by November 1st. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm sure as hell gonna try!

I really feel like I look better, even having just lost 50 lbs so far. I can't imagine what I'll look like under 200 lbs. I haven't been under 200 since probably elementary school, and that's ridiculous. Me = thin has never happened and I'm excited to be making it happen.

2012 is my year, baby! Anybody else wanna claim it with me?

Time to feel better, for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...