Saturday, March 31, 2012

Out of the Hole (Week 3 Weigh-In)

It is unbelievable how the first 30 minutes to an hour of your day can affect your attitude. Yesterday when I woke up, the scale told me I gained 7 lbs. I ate light yesterday, fit in 30ish minutes of fast-paced walking with my pups, and this morning when I woke up... Instead of having gained 7 lbs, it said I only gained 1.6 lbs.

Stats for Week 3 Weigh-In with Biggest Loser:
Starting Weight for 2012: 262.2
Previous Weight: 242.2
Current Weight: 243.8


That I can handle. I did have indulgences over the past week I should've passed on, so a 1.6 lb gain is warranted... I just knew 7 lbs was false. 

Looking back, it's crazy how much I let that 7lbs affect my mood yesterday. I knew it wasn't right, and yet it still had power over me. I'm just so frustrated about still being in the 240s after all this time that to be up that high and so far away from the 230s just made me ill. 

Even still, I shouldn't let it have power over me. And I can say that now, because the 7 lbs is no longer an issue. I just don't know why I let it get the best of me yesterday. I literally was on the verge of tears all day and wanted to do nothing but lie down and sleep to forget it. It's scary to me that I let myself get so upset by it, and I'm afraid that I don't know how to change that when/if it happens again. I can say now that I shouldn't have let it get me so upset, but in the moment, I was just so frustrated/overwhelmed that all I could do was pray for God to get me out of that darkness. 

And He did, most definitely (what was that about providing quickly?). I just pray that next time I talk my way away from that hole before I ever get in it. 

__________________________________________________

With a better start and attitude to my morning, I've gotten quite a bit accomplished: caught up on my blogs, cooked a very healthy breakfast, baked power cookies (recipe from 17 Day Diet book), and planned lunch for this afternoon.

After lunch I'll be hiding my computer and TV remote and hitting the books hard. My graduate school comprehensive exam (that you must pass to obtain your degree) is on the 13th of April and I feel like I'm perpetually behind on studying. 

_________________________________________________

Thank you for all the encouraging comments regarding my frustration on the scale. I really appreciate the support I get from all of you... Thank you so much!

Happy Saturday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...