Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Resolution 2012 Post

Happy New Year!!

Hope you all had a fun and safe NYE!

Husband had to work (like last year) so he just came home on his lunch break and we brought in the new year with some sparkling grape juice and Domino's pizza, ha. It was nice to see him, but I look forward to the time when he's home at night instead of working. One day... !

I'm going to the grocery store today to buy healthy foods to begin our diet tomorrow. Hoping it's not crowded and I can be in/out in no time. I've been sick for a week no with a sinus infection/cold kinda thing and would really love to start the diet out right with a clean bill of health. We'll see. I'm coughing/sneezing a lot today which, for me, usually means I'm on the way to recovery. Let's hope! I really don't want anything to be an excuse for not putting forth 100% this time. Even though I'm sick today, I'd really like to try to meet my walking goal each day (at least 5 miles). I cannot wait to get our membership started at the YMCA! I haven't been on a treadmill in ages and it'll feel good to walk solid miles on even terrain for a change. I appreciate the added calorie burn gained from walking through a neighborhood instead of on a treadmill, but every once in a while.. It'd be nice to not have to worry about watching my feet on every step for fear of tripping on uneven pavement, branches, or patches of grass. Not to mention I want to start using the other gym machines also and play some racquetball! I'm just ready to get started!

Husband and I talked about "resolutions" for 2012 last night. I think our main goal, at this point, is to see us both graduate. Beyond that, we both want good, stable jobs that make us happy. Another of my goals, personally, is to become healthy once more. I think I will try to avoid setting my goal on "losing weight" (although I can't ignore it completely, since I'm still participating in Biggest Loser competitions) and be more focused on "getting healthy". If I'm eating healthier and staying active, then I am doing a good job. I can't base my success off of a number on the scale, at this point, because my health is more important. And if I'm taking those steps to create a healthier body for myself, then the numbers will come off with time. I just feel like focusing on health rather than weight will motivate me more to continue.

What are your resolutions for 2012? What steps will you take to achieve those goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...