Monday, January 2, 2012

The Day One 2012 Post

DAY ONE

Breakfast: yogurt; eggs w/onion
Lunch: romaine and spinach salad w/grape tomatoes and raspberry vinaigrette
Snack: ~12 baby carrots
Dinner: turkey chili and a romaine/spinach salad w/grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette
Snack: TBA

Alright, folks. Today's day one of 2012's journey to health. I feel excellent about how I did today. I didn't do an official "workout", but my fitbit says I've walked approximately 2 miles throughout the day, so that's something. I can't trust its count of my steps or the amount of floors I've climbed on days I drive because the movement of the car messes with the count and puts it down as steps, which isn't accurate.

The past couple of days have been geared toward getting my mind (and house) ready to start the new year. I cleaned out my refrigerator today, as well as restocked it with the foods I will need for the next week. I've cleared out blogs I don't want/need to follow anymore and have caught up reading the ones I do want to follow, which was a huge relief. I've missed reading them so much and it's great to get back to it without feeling so overwhelmed by the amount listed on my feed. Tomorrow we're signing up for a membership at the YMCA, which I've already talked about more than once here because I'm so stinkin' excited about it. I'm ready to get in there and get to work! Last year I mostly tried to do workout DVDs and stuff here at home and although that is good some of the time, I really want to try something else.

Tomorrow is one year from when we started this journey. I will take a picture, even though I'm disappointed with how much I've gained back. On January 3, 2011, I weighed in at 290 lbs. Over the span of the year I lost approximately 55 lbs. However, in the past two months I've gained more than half of it back.

I've always told myself this blog would be where I leave everything out on the table, so despite my shame at gaining back the weight, I can't sugar coat it to make it seem okay. This afternoon when I weighed in, I was back up to 262.2 lbs. Only 27.8 lbs lighter than my original weight. This doesn't discourage me from continuing, because I know that I can lose it again. I am only disappointed in myself that I let my addiction return with such a vengeance. But I can't change the past. It's a new year and a new day and I can make good choices today. From day 1 of last year to day 365, I am 30 lbs lighter. It was and should have been much more than 30, but 30 lbs lost is better than none, so I have to see that as a victory. As my husband always reminds me when I'm feeling unaccomplished, "It's a marathon, not a sprint."

'Night y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you gained some weight back, but you didn't gain it all back. You are very aware of your actions and that YOU caused the weight gain and need to change your habits, be proud of that, admitting your faults is the hardest thing to do so all you can do is push forward everyday and try harder than you did the day before!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...