Monday, January 9, 2012

The Unexpected Fortune Post

Breakfast: 4 egg whites w/onion, mushrooms, turkey, and sweet 'n' hot relish; turkey sausage link; yogurt
Lunch: chicken and vegetables
Snack: orange
Exercise: TBA (We're going to the YMCA after I'm finished this post)
Dinner: TBA (We're going out to eat tonight... I will make good choices, I promise)
Snack: popcorn

I had a great weekend! I left on Thursday night to go back to my hometown. My mom and I hosted a baby shower for a close friend of our family's on Saturday and it went great!

Zoey, Stacy, and Carol (three generations!) ... Oh, and baby Jaxon's in there, too =] 
I'd post more pictures, but my mom and I took 50-60 pictures total, and I can't choose between the rest. This was by far the best picture, anyway. So much love right there! It was a great party with wonderful women. Jaxon is blessed already by so much love and we haven't even gotten to meet him yet! Can't wait to meet the little fella (my pick for the baby pool was January 11th... So only two more days, Jax!). 

While I was home, I also got to visit with a good friend from high school and her family. Gosh, it's crazy how grown we are! I know we still have our whole lives ahead of us, but spending time with her made me realize how long we have been friends. I didn't realize I had old friends. Most of mine I've only had 4-5 years. Heck, I've only known Braylen for 3-4 years! Nikki (the friend I visited with yesterday) and I have been friends since the 7th grade. I've known her since elementary school, but we really didn't start hanging out and being inseparable until junior high. Her house was like my home away from home in junior high. Her family felt like my family and vise versa. I was there when her now-husband asked her to be his girlfriend (or rather, when I asked her for him, ha). 7+ years and 2 babies later, they're still so much in love. It was incredible to get to meet, play with, and love on her two little ones yesterday. They are so precious. 

Holding up her oldest, who happens to also be named Braylen, as he sits on my dad's horse

I am so happy with this time in my life. I may not have reached all (or even most) of my goals, but right now I have incredible friends and family, amazing opportunities through school, two of the sweetest pooches in Oklahoma, a husband who treats me so well I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, and I'm finally living my life as healthy as possible. God has blessed Braylen and me with so much, and I'm so thankful. 

Just another reminder why I named this blog "Unexpected Fortune". When I least expect it, God shows me just how fortunate and blessed I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...