Sunday, June 3, 2012

Let Go, Let God

As you know if you've been reading UE for any length of time, I recently graduated from graduate school and have been looking for employment. A couple of weeks ago, after finding out again that I didn't get a job I was hoping for, I hesitantly turned in my resume to a job out-of-state (about 15 miles south of the OK/TX state line). When I received a call from the recruiter for this job site within the hour, I was none too pleased to answer. I had no interest in working out-of-state and really only submitted a resume to feel like I was making an effort, and as a last resort. The recruiter passed my resume on to the company's PR person and said they would be contacting me soon about an interview. Seeing as I wasn't interested in the job, I put it out of my mind. Last week, the director of the speech path. department called me to schedule an interview. I debated whether or not I even wanted to meet these people. Why would I go on an interview for a place I had no interest in working? But the woman I spoke with on the phone was unbelievably friendly, and really had me looking forward to meeting her and seeing the facility.
So last week I drove an hour and a half to interview with her, see the facility, and meet the staff.

I was overwhelmed.

Not only was everyone incredible warm, friendly, and inviting... They were knowledgeable, as well, and the facility was unbelievable. I've never seen a rehab center like this one. They work together so well and everyone really enjoys being there everyday. In fact, my interviewer asked multiple people "What can you tell Kaycie about working here?" and, I'm not exaggerating, every one of them said the same thing: "I absolutely love it and wouldn't want to work anywhere else." To put the icing on the cake, I found out towards the end of the interview that a majority of the folks working there are active Christians, and they frequently pray and fellowship together.

I was blown away.

Even more so when, after a two and a half hour long interview (that felt like 30 minutes), they offered me the job on the spot.

I told them that I was very interested, but had another interview the next day at a place in my hometown (where BDR and I were hoping to move). I told them I would let them know by early next week what our decision was, after we talked/prayed about it.

By that night, after I talked with Husband and my parents about it, I knew I didn't need to take the next interview... I knew that I had found the place God had been pushing me towards. So I called the morning after my interview and accepted their job offer.

I hadn't wanted to even submit my resume.

Now I realize I didn't want to submit it because what if I liked it? That would mean possibly moving to another state, and I never wanted to do that. I was afraid. Afraid to trust God's plan, afraid to do something new, afraid to make a big change, afraid... to let go.

I don't know what the next step is for us. We're certainly moving, but God hasn't made it clear exactly where to yet. Possibly my home town. Possibly a town closer to where I will be working.

Nothing is clear yet, except one thing:


Source: lamplightart.com via K on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your decision! I did the same thing last year, applying to jobs ANYWHERE just to feel like I was trying and making some progress. Ended up getting a job halfway across the country after a phone interview, had a day and a half to move! I was perfect for the job, but the job wasn't perfect for me, and in three weeks I'm moving back/facing unemployment. But I know this year was an experience I was meant to have, for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I bet your so excited! You totally deserve this opportunity. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I am so happy for you! Its amazing whatGod can do, He is faithful. Agian congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I am glad to hear you got an offer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...