Monday, September 5, 2011

The New Motto Post

Breakfast: 4 egg whites w/onion; yogurt; green tea
Snack: 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
Lunch: Autumn Chopped Salad; green tea
Dinner: "chicken-vegetable spaghetti" (stir-fried veggies and chicken in 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce)
Snack: popcorn
Exercise: 3mi walk w/the dog (1/2 in afternoon, 1/2 in evening)

As I mentioned previously, I started going to a Zumba class last week. Originally I thought "I need to be sure and go at least Tuesday and Thursday, because I don't think I'll know after the first class if I like it or not." And of course the class Tuesday kicked my butt. I kept thinking though "I'll go Thursday and see if it gets better." I had somewhat of a revelation on Wednesday, however, and decided to just commit to it now. I realized that I have a tendency to try a lot of different things "to see if I like it" and then always find some reason not to like it. When really the only thing I don't "like" about it is that it's stinkin' hard!



So I've decided that if there's ever anything I come across that I don't want to finish solely for the fact that "it's hard"... I need to make a point to push myself through it. This goes for exercise, food choices, personal decisions, school, work... Anything. I know this kind of revelation is something that comes natural for most people, and I suppose somewhere I knew that that's what I should do. But it never occurred to me that I need to just make a decision and stick with it.



What did you challenge yourself to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...