Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summa Summa Summatime

I'm not sure if it's the extremely hot weather we've been having, the fact that everyone's been posting all the summer-y things they've been doing, the fact that I am no longer phobic about wearing a bathing suit, or the sheer lack of excitement we've had since summer started... But I'm craving summertime activities at the moment.



It's a well-known fact that fall/winter is my favorite time of year, and yet... I find myself longing to lay out by a pool, go swimming, put my feet in a natural body of water, and get weird tanlines from sunglasses. Okay.. Maybe not so much that last part... But I want to be outdoors, baby! I want to feel the warmth of the sun on my shoulders. I want my freckles to embrace the heat. I want to tan like I've never tanned before (because I've never tanned before). I want to swim in a bathing suit and not a T-shirt and shorts.



Basically, I want a summer vacation.

Last summer was the first I'd had off since beginning college in 2007. It felt wonderful. And yet, I don't think I fully took advantage of it. Yes, we went to the lake. Yes, I wore a bathing suit. But we went one time and I burned. Badly. I want a full summer of weekend visits to the lake or pool. I want a place where I can comfortably spend time outdoors, lying in a lounge chair and reading a book (for fun!).



I've decided next summer, which will be the summer after Braylen and I graduate, I will do it right. I will embrace all of the summertime activities that I've been avoiding all of these years. I will have the body that makes me want to embrace these activities even more. And I will be safe while doing so (I'm a huge fan of sunscreen). I will make it my goal to:

1) Relax
2) Have a bronzed body
3) Have a killer bronzed body
4) Visit the lake or pool at least every other week, as possible
5) Relax

But for now I will continue to wear sweats and a hoodie inside my home because my husband wants me to never forget what winter feels like and our A/C is a beast.

Amen.


All images via google.com/images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...