Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend

Well, "taking it easy" since school got out has been a little challenging since we'd already made plans for this weekend. Once I got home from my last final on Friday, Braylen took me back up to Norman to go to one of my favorite restaurants for a celebratory lunch (Reeeeeeeeed Robin, yummmm). Love that place. Then we got home, I took a nap, and when I woke up, we went out to eat AGAIN to celebrate the good grade I got on the final I took that morning (Napoli's). Afterwards we had a mishap at Walgreens and then headed out into the wilderness (aka Ninnekah, OK) to see a friend of ours we hadn't seen since, what, June? I got to catch up with her and Bray got to play CoD Black Ops for the first time (he was unimpressed).

The madness continued Saturday. We woke up to the sounds of beep-beep-beeping at the door (our open bedroom window is RIGHT by the front door). We were both thoroughly confused in our sleepiness, until it dawned on me... It's UPS!! So Bray got up and brought in our goodies from the mailbox... Three packages and two Netflix movies... Yay!! We bought the "Shrek" 4disc box set, "A Muppet's Christmas Carol", and "Where the Heart Is". We were awake at that point, so we got up and watched "A Muppet's Christmas Carol". I started cleaning and getting ready for our long-lost friends to come have lunch with us. Finally got here around 1pm. We ate Chicken Express and talked about dogs. =]

After they left, we headed up to Oklahoma City to have our Christmas dinner at Grandma Betty's. I had the best cream corn I've ever tried and watched part of "Open Season" and "Kung Fu Panda" (there were children present, by the way... These were not my choices). My "nephew", Makisig, stole my heart yet again. He's so stinkin' cute. After eating, the kiddos opened presents and the adults opened cards (we hauled in a couple hundred this year!!) and then everyone parted ways by 7:30. When we got home, we watched "Where the Heart Is" then headed to bed.

Today, the plan is to go to Grandma Virginia's here in Chickasha to do her Christmas get-together. We'll probably stay an hour or so, then come back home. Some of his aunts want to come over to see our house, and then my friend Darcy is supposed to swing by on her way to Texas.



So far I've accomplished three things on my list:

#7: Watch movies with my honey as often as possible.
#8: Spend as much time as I can with my parents, parents-in-law, and friends.
#9: Continue to write on my blog to document what I can accomplish over the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...