Monday, December 12, 2011

The Made Post

How many of you have watched MTV's show "Made"?

I used to watch it constantly when I was in high school, and have recently added it to my DVR list. Like so many other "transformation" shows I'm obsessed with ("Heavy", "Biggest Loser", "I Used to be Fat", "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition", etc.) it always gives me a sense of curiosity, motivation, and determination. "Made", in particular, begs the question... What would I be "made" to be, if given the opportunity?

I think, if expense was no issue and resources were readily available (trainer, facilities, materials, etc.) I would want to be made into a marathon runner. (Runner friends, is there a term for that?) I've always been amazed at my friends and family who participate in 5k's and marathons. It takes so much dedication, training, and skill. I've never (never ever ever) been a runner or at all enjoyed running. Having a trainer to teach me correct breathing patterns and to push me further than I push myself would be amazing. This may sound strange but a recurring theme in my dreams (this happens when I dream at least once a week) is that I run from one place to another. In my dream, it's always so easy... My chest never hurts, my knees never hurt, my feet never hurt... And it always feels like second nature. When I wake up from these dreams, I feel like I could run for miles. I feel like I want to run for miles. And then I really wake up and realize that it's not a possibility for me in the condition my lungs and body are in right now. To have someone recondition my body and teach me how to experience that freeing, conquer-the-world feeling I get in my dreams would be unbelievable. Maybe one day our budget will allow for me to have a personal trainer.

What do you want to be "made" into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...