Thursday, June 23, 2011

Suggestions?

Breakfast: two slices whole wheat toast w/butter, Truvia, and cinnamon; tootie fruity
Mid-morning snack: tootie fruity
Lunch: (modified) Aunt Cat's casserole; red velvet cake yogurt
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/grape tomatoes and feta cheese
Dessert: 1 cup Fiber One honey squares cereal with 1/2 cup skim extra milk

I came home today to not one, but two packages that came for me in the mail! Ugh, mail/packages have always made me one very happy girl. Today's surprises were great because they're for my upcoming Christmas-themed birthday party!! I received my dress and some extra decorations! The dress I'm still not sure I'm too broke out about, but hopefully it'll grow on me. The decorations are absolutely adorable and I wish I could show you but, alas, it is a surprise! Very soon you will see!

I'm having trouble deciding what to have as my birthday cake. I could always go the safe (and easy) route of ordering something. But then there's so many cute things I could just do at home. I'm not really sure I want to spend the time (or will have the time it spare) making something here, so I'll probably order something. I usually like an ice cream cake. I might still make a few smaller things at home. For example, we usually have pretzel rods dipped in almond bark and decorated with holiday sprinkles. Of course there's always Christmas cookies, but that sounds like way to much work for this little girl.

What do you suggest? What treats do you all have around Christmastime? Or should I just stick w/the ice cream cake and have them decorate it Christmas-y?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Christmas combo is chocolate and peppermint! Peppermint bark is my fave - melt chocolate (white, milk, dark, whatever you like) chips and pour them into a foil-lined cookie sheet. Pour busted up candy canes all over the top (or starlight mints if you can't find candy canes this time of year) and press them gently into the chocolate. Let cool. When re-solidified, break it into chunks. It's SO pretty and Christmasy, but super easy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...