Monday, June 6, 2011

The French Braid Post

Breakfast: eggs w/onion; green tea
Lunch: grilled chicken and vegetables; green tea
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/grape tomatoes and feta cheese; green tea
Dessert: NONE
Exercise: NONE, sadly

Long, long day. Started off making phone calls.. Had to remind my patient that therapy starts tomorrow and also needed to make an appointment to take my car into the dealership (to fix the broken A/C that had me sweating to/from school today). Then had to figure out how I was going to get my car down there and leave the dealership because they don't have a loaner car for me to use. Fortunately, Husband's Papaw generously offered us his old Lincoln, so I will be the most stylish driver in all of OUHSC for the next while until my A/C's fixed. Anything is better than the situation we have now. 50 minutes, to/from, is no beuno when it's 95+ degrees out and no air conditioning. (Thanks, Papaw... You da man!). So anyways, I went to school today to figure out what in the world I'm doing with my clients in therapy this summer. Sigh. We'll see how our first day tomorrow goes!

I am feeling particularly good about how I've been doing dieting lately. I know this is what I should've been doing all along, so I probably shouldn't be too proud... But there was a while there (probably a good month and a half or two months) where we had nearly completely reverted back to fast food every day, which is just unacceptable. It has been exactly one week since I had any kind of cheat treat (aside from the two drinks I had Saturday night) and I am so happy to be able to say that. I've also made improvements with keeping my body moving and have been doing some kind of activity (be it walking, Wii Fit-ting, or pilates) at least 3 days of every week. I know that there will be plenty of bumps in the road, but I am so happy that, for now, I am back on track. It feels good to know you're doing the right thing for your body. Better than any Angus Bacon and Cheese burger from McDonald's can make me feel (and that's really hard for me to accept).

Small Victory Time:

Ya know that trend recently (well, recent = the past 2-3 years) where girls twist or French braid their bangs to the side? Did that make no sense? Maybe Google will help...

Sigh... LC never lets me down.
Anyways, I don't know how many times I've tried (and failed) to attempt this. I know how to do a French braid, but I've never actually been able to do one. So, much to my surprise, when I tried again this morning, I got it on the second try! Of course, it's not at all perfect and LC isn't going to be calling me to do her hair anytime soon... But it works for me, and I was just excited that I could use this to disguise my grease, as opposed to actually washing my hair. Wait... was the TMI? Am I the only one that 1) pulls back my bangs, 2) puts my hair in a ponytail, or 3) French braids my bangs when I don't feel like doing the decent thing and just washing it? Oh well... Here is the finished product (keep in mind... I did my hair at around 11:30 this morning and am just now taking pictures... so it's had several hours of wind damage).

Up close and personal... Hello, braid!

Feels good to smile.


Who has a double chin? Not this girl!
It's been a while since I wanted to take pictures of myself. It used to be an addiction of mine, back in my early college years (AKA about 3 years and 40 lbs ago). It feels good to get in front of a camera again and not dread looking at the outcome. Wahoo!! BTW, I've never been very good at showing-teeth-for-pictures smiles, so please forgive. I did my very best. 

'Night y'all!! 

2 comments:

  1. Okay! TIPS! TRICKS! Help! I love that hairstyle (which looks AMAZING on you, btw).

    How'd you do it. Cuz...I can't ever seem to French Braid my own hair. Help a sister out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking adorable! I can french braid my own hair too but cannot tackle this. And I want it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...