Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Get Real Post

Breakfast: None
Lunch: chicken w/onion, leeks, roasted red pepper, and mushrooms
Snack: 2 cutie clementines and a cameo apple w/PB2 powdered peanut butter
Dinner:chicken w/onion, leeks, roasted red pepper, and mushrooms; side salad w/tomatoes, dried cranberries, feta, and raspberry vinaigrette
Exercise: taking down all inside Christmas decorations and cleaning house

Okay, so now it's time to get real.

I posted pictures every 50 days last year to show my progress. Many of you called me brave for doing so, but now that I look back... I wasn't really being truthful. Even wearing shorts and a sports bra, things can be covered. Not only that, but I mistakenly only took pictures from two angles, which doesn't show everything.

I've decided that this year, I'm going to be 100% forthcoming. I'm not going to hold anything back or try to sugar coat where I'm at. It only hurts me, in the end, because I'm not being honest with myself in return. I took two pictures to illustrate my point. This is what today's picture would be if I was still hiding the problem:

Oh, and anybody spot my fitbit? It's the black strip on my bra =]
Not good but not too horribly bad, right?

Well, that's because I'm covering up what needs to be lost. This year, I'm not doing that anymore. It's not pretty, and I apologize if you don't like seeing fat. But this is what it is:


Hello, belly.




Well, now that that's done, I don't know much else to say. I think I should feel disgusted, but really I feel relief. Of course I'm unhappy with where I'm at.. But I'm so much closer to being healthy today than I was yesterday, and how can I be unhappy with that?

At this point, I'm just excited to see where I'm at the next time I take these pictures. And then the next time. And the next. This year I want to take pictures each month. Hopefully each month will be better than the last. 

4 comments:

  1. Bravo dear. I'm both proud and evious of you on several levels (for whatever that's worth.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to let you know that even when you get thin you will have that skin hanging thre. But the good thing is it can be hid! The only option will be surgery. I say hide it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE brave. It takes a lot of guts to put a scantily clad pic of yourself on the World Wide Web. However, I find that it really puts you out there as a go-getter and shows your determination. There's no way I would've posted pics of myself in similar poses if I didn't want to REALLY have "after" pics to use as comparisons.

    Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...