Friday, May 11, 2012

BYOC--Bring Your Own Crazy

It’s Friday! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy (Brought to us by Draz)! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog if you so desire and have fun!


1. Are you a “wake up on the first beep of the alarm clock” or a “hit the snooze button 50 times before you get up” kind of person? Is your alarm clock set to the right time?

• I usually set my alarm 30 minutes ahead of what time I actually need to get up. I snooze exactly three times (once every 10 minutes) and it gives me time to mentally prepare to wake up. However, that's on a regular get up and go to work day. On days I get up early to go to yoga, I set my alarm 15 minutes before class starts so I literally have no time to lolly-gag. I have to get up, put on clothes (that I lay out the night before), brush my teeth, wipe my eyes off, and get to yoga. If I didn't do it that way, I'd have too much time to talk myself out of it.

2. Do you decorate for any holidays other than Christmas?

• Nope. Not a bit. Well, unless you count changing out my dogs collars nearly every month to suit the season. (Post to come very soon... I don't know why I haven't posted about our dogs' collars yet)

3. Would you consider yourself a spontaneous fly by the seat of your pants kind of person or a massive OCD controlling planner kind of person or someone in between?

• I think I'm somewhere in between. When it comes to school (and now work) I am definitely a planner. I like to stay organized so I can work efficiently and get what I need to get done, done. However, you would never know this looking in my car or at my house. When I get home I basically forget everything I was ever taught about organization skills and try my best to get my mind off of everything/anything stressful. Which is where the spontaneity comes into play. Bray and I date. A lot. I know that will likely diminish as we have children and our priorities shift, but right now we love going on dates and getting out to do... Whatever we decide to do that day/night (movie-going is frequent, but we also like dinner/drinks with friends, hiking, going for walks with the dogs, visiting family, vacationing, etc.).

4. Tell me some of your MUST have hair products that you use consistently….you know - share your “hair routine”.

• Literally, this is what I do 98% of the time: 1) Shower using whatever shampoo/conditioner I think smells the best. 2) Roll it up in a towel to soak out most of the moisture. 3) Brush it wet w/a paddle brush. 4) Bend over with my hair now upside down. 5) Shake the heck out of it. 6) Pull it up in a loose bun. 7) Go to sleep. 8) Wake up, remove bun, and go.



So I don't use any product, much to my hair stylist's dismay.

What the messy bun looks like when my hair's dry.

What is does when I let it loose from the bun.

The other 2% of the time I either straighten it or curl it (also to my hair stylist's dismay). 

Straight.

Curled (Sorry it's kinda blurry)

5. Repeat question: How was your week and what are your upcoming weekend plans?

• This week has been hard. Not really up to talking about it right now, so I apologize. Lots of weekend plans ahead: I have an interview this afternoon at 4 (wish me luck!). Tomorrow at 10AM is my graduation from graduate school. Then BDR and I are having a joint graduation party from noon until whenever. My best friend and her fiance are staying at our place to partake in some festivities. Then Sunday is Mother's Day so we're going down to my mom's house for dinner and hopefully will also see my mother-in-law at some point as well.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...