Monday, May 14, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)



If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at Kenlie's blog at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)


1. What is your current relationship status?  Are you happy with that status?  I am married. We had our second anniversary a week ago today. I am unbelievably happy with that status. I was made to be a wife/mother... Just haven't gotten to the mother part (but I'm so enjoying this wife only time)!

2. Do you find it enjoyable to take care of someone in addition to yourself, or do you prefer to be responsible only for yourself? I find that there aren't many times when I can consider only myself in a situation. All of my decisions affect Braylen somehow (and ultimately our family together), so there's not many choices I can make without considering him. My first thought was to say weight/weight loss is something I am solely responsible for... But BDR and I are partners when it comes to getting/staying healthy. It's not always a good thing, because we can share in victory but also in bad choices... But I wouldn't have it any other way.

3.  What’s the most important physical characteristic in your mate/potential mate?  I love my husband's broad shoulders. His eyes are beautiful too (and come a very close second), but his shoulders with his arms wrapped around me make me feel so safe.

4. What’s the most important (non-physical) characteristic in your mate/potential mate?  I believe, in any relationship, one of the most (if not the most) important things to have is respect. With that comes consideration... You have to be able to understand how your actions will affect the other person... And how you can use that to make the person you're in a relationship with happy. So many things stem from having respect for a person.

5. Is it important to you that your significant other have the same hobbies and interests as you? To an extent, definitely. That is one aspect, BDR and I have always been happy with, though we do struggle occasionally. We both love to do things like dinner/movie, hiking, and visiting with family. We differ in many ways, too... He is obsessed with sports and video games (whereas, I don't like watching sports AT ALL and my favorite video game is Super Mario Bros.). I like to watch TV/movies technology-free... I often will ask that both of us turn off computers and put away phones when we're trying to hang out at home together. Just little differences that can make a BIG difference in how we relate to each other. We work out how to compromise in those situations and it's not always easy... But the time we spend together doing things we both love more than makes up for it.

6. If you could go out on a date with a celebrity who would it be?  Paul Rudd. (Like I am with my husband) I'm drawn to his dark hair, beautiful smile, and his eyes.

{Source}

7. What’s your idea of a good first date?  Any activity where you can actually talk to the other person and get to know them. I've only ever gone out to eat for a first date, but there are several other things you could do. Bray and I went out to eat at OU's campus corner and then walked around campus for a while, talking and getting to know one another.

8. Are there any traits/habits that you’d consider a deal breaker?  Well, married/committed people are a no-no. I don't think I would've ever dated someone who was uninterested in having children, because that's so important to me. I also don't think I would've dated someone who didn't believe in the same faith that I do (not because that makes them a bad person... But so many things revolve around faith and opposing viewpoints would complicate things so much more than necessary).

9. Okay ladies…Facial Hair: Yes, or No?  I don't typically like facial hair. The only person I've ever loved it on is my husband. His goatee/mustache is part of him. He tried shaving it for a while (after he learned facial hair isn't my favorite) but we both agreed it just wasn't "him".

Love my handsome hubby.

10.  Would you marry someone who is opposed to diamond engagement rings?  I wanted a diamond ring, but to each his own...

11. What do you wish you could do differently in your next relationship? I don't plan on having a "next relationship". =]

12. Is there anyone from your past that you’d like to date again now? I went out with a guy the other day I wouldn't mind going out with again. He lives with me and my pups call him "Daddy".

13. Describe your worst first date story ever.  I haven't had any truly horrible first dates (or many first dates at all). I guess my worst one was bad because it was just... uncomfortable. I'd been talking to this guy online who I was introduced to through a mutual friend. We talked for weeks (online, texting, and phone calls) and were getting along so well we decided to meet at Starbucks and see where it went. We sat almost in total silence the whole time and he made up some excuse about having to go to his mom's house because she was sick. It always hurt my feelings because I felt like he saw in person and wasn't interested anymore (blow to the self-esteem), but looking back... He was just kind of boring. His loss and my gain!!

14. Describe the perfect date with your significant other. We've had some pretty doggone good dates. It's hard to choose just one. One that tops the list, though, was our fourth "official" date. We used to take turns planning out dates and surprising the other person. For our 4th date, I planned to take Bray up in a small airplane to fly over his hometown... Then we had dinner (I made his favorite: jambalaya) and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. That was a pretty darn good date...

Us standing in front of the airplane.
The plane that took us over his hometown.

15.  Would you date someone shorter than you? Eh, it's not a preference of mine to have a man shorter than me, but I would've gone out on a date to get to know the guy. (I wouldn't have wanted someone not to go out with me just because I'm a big girl... Can't justify not going out with a guy just because he's short).

16. Share one (or a few) bonus traits that would be fun to find in an significant other (even if they aren’t as important as other traits.) This is tough to be objective and not think about traits BDR has. I think I'm going to pass on this one.

17. What’s one thing you’d like to do with a significant other that you’ve never done with another?  I don't think that's blog-appropriate, ; ]

18.  PDA: Yes, or No?  I like to keep PDA to a minimum when we're around family/friends. If it's just us out on a date, I am okay with a little more. Ultimately, I'm just not much for making out in public. Of course, hand holding and hugs are always acceptable. I just don't believe things like that are appropriate in groups... It excludes you and your significant other from being part of the group. Who wants to hang out with people who are always all over each other?

19. Do you kiss on the first date? I definitely have.

20. Who, if anyone, makes your heart flutter?  Take a guess... =]

Wow! That’s a lot of questions!  Now it’s your turn to answer them!  Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie's blog and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Came by from FMM. I'm not super-religious or anything (actually almost the opposite), but I also said lacking same/similar faith would be a deal-breaker (my husband is officially Catholic, I'm officially Episcopalian). You said it well -- there are just so many other differences, having that too just complicates it too much. I'm kind of surprised more people responding haven't mentioned that. Also like your answer about respect, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Carina! I was surprised by the answers a lot of people left... Crazy how different perspectives can be.

      Thank you for stopping by Unexpected Fortune! Hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
    2. I should have mentioned that too in mine- I'm an atheist, as is my bf, and I know if would drive a wedge between us if one of suddenly took up a religious leaning. I have friends that are religious, but its different when you share so much more of your life with a person.

      Delete
  2. So you're saying, you don't want to go out with me? Fine! Be that way!
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...