Thursday, May 26, 2011

Because One Post Wasn't Enough...

Breakfast: eggs w/salsa
Mid-afternoon snack: NONE (this homegirl was sleeping)
Lunch: a double cheese burger w/large fries from Braum's
Dinner: 2 fresco chicken soft tacos and a bean burrito from Taco Bell
Dessert: NONE

Okay, let me explain my lunch for this afternoon. I did not order a double cheeseburger. I ordered the regular #1 cheeseburger. They either 1) misread my order, 2) had a double leftover from lunch that they wanted to get rid of, or 3) know I'm on a diet and want me to fail fail fail at life. But, I mean... Was I supposed to let it go to waste?

Wait.... I was?

Damn.

Well, I definitely made up for it with my workout today. A Last Chance Workout Challenge was posted for my BL competition this afternoon: Do each exercise (squats, dips, wall sits, planks, high knees, skaters) for 30 seconds then rest for 30 seconds for five minutes with a one minute rest between exercises. Um. Oh my! About the only thing that was manageable for me were the squats. The rest of them I started spouting profanities about halfway through. And the planks I just plain couldn't do. I'm also pretty positive I will need to deep clean my living room carpet after the copious amounts of sweat I poured out onto it. Oh, you didn't want to know that? My bad. 


Anyways, Pup and I went for a cool down walk after (because I have a death wish). I wanted to take it nice and easy... Just a walk around the lot and playground across from our house. Um. Oh my! With legs like jelly, even the easiest of walks becomes 10 times harder. I felt my knees buckling with every step! However, I pushed through it, and by the last half or quarter of the way home, my legs felt (almost) back to normal. 

Anybody watch this season of Biggest Loser? This was my first time ever watching it and, man, has it been an inspiration. Despite the fact that Alison Sweeney is a horrible host and makes me want to vomit... I love everything about the show. I'm so sad that Jillian won't be back, and even more sad that Anna Kournikova is her replacement. (This is incredibly judgmental, but homegirl's just too skinny, in my opinion. She doesn't even look healthy. Again, that's just my opinion.). I finally watched the finale today (the news recorded over it when it aired the other day because of the tornados) and believe you/me... I wanted to jump up and down and do a victory dance when Olivia won (okay, I might have clapped my hands and shouted "WAHOOOOO!!!!" but who'll ever know?). Hannah is, hands down, my favorite from this season... But Olivia was definitely a very close second for me. I think they're both just awesome, awesome women and seem like they would be so fun to be around. They definitely deserved being the top two for all the hard work and dedication they put in. Not to mention how smokin' hot they looked at the finale!! Okay, that's all I have to say about that.


Now, I have to brag on myself. I mean, if I can't do that on my own blog, where can I? So, not only did I do a kick-butt workout today, but I've also washed, dried, folded, and put away every piece of dirty clothing/towels in my home. I still have to pack for our trip (we leave tomorrow!!!) and then clean the kitchen (Umm... Ew?) but I'm feeling pretty good about my productivity today! Okay, End Boast.


I'm feeling a renewed sense of purpose and motivation towards this diet today. Pahahaha, yes I realize I ate a double cheeseburger today, but hear me out... I guess it's not so much the diet I'm reinvigorated about as much as the exercise. I'm kind of enjoying the activity and movement lately. I think what made it so hard and dreadful before was that every time I went out for a walk or made a trip to Tan & Tone I felt guilty because that time should've been spent studying. Now that I'm on a short break from school, I'm finding that the exercise is actually something I look forward to and enjoy. Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not gonna be winning any weight lifting competitions or running any marathons anytime soon ever... I'm just glad it's not the worst part of my day anymore. 


Umm.. I'm said a lot today. So that is all. 


'Night y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...