Monday, March 21, 2011

Goodbye, Spring Break

Day 78

Breakfast: mint chocolate brownie
Mid-afternoon snack: red grapes
Lunch: banana
Dinner: romaine, iceberg, and spinach salad with tomato, onion, and cheddar cheese
Dessert: black bean brownie

Back to school today. My class was good (I can't believe how much easier this professor is to follow in this class compared to the class I had him for last semester) and my kiddo cancelled, so I got to come home early and see Husband before he left for work. I'd call that a good day. PLUS I knew I needed to get some work for school done today, so I've already finished my workout (I chose to do the Gold's Gym boxing/Latin dancing Wii game today). I'm showered and ready to study/research!

Really not much to update on this evening. Oh, I was right... I gained weight this week for the first time since we started the diet. It's no surprise since we ate so horribly the past week or so. I gained 2.2 lbs and still haven't managed to break the 40 lb weight loss mark. Hopefully next week I'll surpass that, but we'll see! I tried to do the math on it yesterday and if I lose an average of 40 lbs every 3 months, I will have more than met my goal by January 2012 (a year after this journey started). Just have to hope this diet does what it claims to do and keeps me losing weight and not plateauing. So far, it definitely has. The recent gain in weight is definitely not due to the diet, only to my giving in to temptation. I realize now that there has to be very few dietary exceptions for me right now. I can't handle the cheat treats as well as I hoped I could (at least, not at this point). One or two is okay, but then we go back to finding every little excuse to bend the rules, and that's just not okay.

Here's to a new week and a fresh start!

________________________________________________________

Dear God, thank you for helping me get through my first day back from break. Give me the strength to get through the next two weeks (and the two tests that come along with them). Thank you for blessing Husband with the knowledge to continue to do well in his class. I am so thankful and happy for him. Continue to bless his life. In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...