Friday, March 16, 2012

BYOC -- Bring Your Own Crazy


1.  How do you feel about college?  If you have kids or siblings - will you encourage or require them to go?  How long did you go and what for? 
College just always felt like "the next step" after high school. I never really contemplated not going. I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I knew if I didn't go straight into college, I likely wouldn't for a long while. After a year in undergrad I figured out that speech-language pathology was what I wanted to do, so I transferred schools and moved out of my hometown for the first time. Granted, it was only 40 miles north of my hometown, but still. I went through the fast track and completed my Bachelor's in a total of 3 years, and am currently working on finishing up my Master's (graduating in less than 2 months!) which will have taken 2 years. So, total, I'll have 5 years of "higher education" under my belt when I head out to find a job. 

I said all that to say that college (and graduate school) were the best choice for me because of the profession I chose. I do not have a fondness for school, by any stretch of the word, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes, right? I do believe that college is not for everyone, but I likely will strongly encourage my children to attend college, as I was strongly encouraged to do so. Braylen feels the same way. College is not a necessity, by any means, but we both feel like it not only is a knowledge-expanding experience, but a place to grow within your identity and build up independence.

2.  Pink or purple?  Coke or Pepsi?  Pen or pencil?  Cursive or printing?  Ketchup or mustard?
I'm not much for pink or purple. Guess since I have to pick (since BYOC is so strict!) I'd say purple.
Coke Zero, please.
I use both, but I definitely use pens more. All our files must be written in pen, sooo... 
I tend to mix cursive/printing. It definitely is mostly printing though. My cursive never looked good. Ever.
KETCHUP. Ketchup, ketchup, ketchup.

3.  If you could live in any generation - which one would it be?
I would have loved to experience Beatle Mania firsthand. So the 60s are likely what I'd choose.

4.  What do you sleep in?
I'm with ya, Draz... I don't have a "regular". Or rather, I have several "regulars" and rotate between them to suit my mood. Husband works night shifts, so I hardly have to worry about making him happy with my nightwear... Which I have to say is kind of nice. If it's hot, I'll shift between shorts and a tank, nightgowns, or nothing. If it's cold... Wait... I still shift between shorts and tank, nightgowns, or nothing. ha. Our house stays relatively neutral no matter the weather, and our bed tends to be on the warm side (pretty much too warm a majority of the time) because of our mattress cover... So I pretty much switch between those choices year round.

5.  Repeat question - summarize your week! 
Real life... Well, it was pretty great. Solo (now Cooper) was adopted and is currently living happily ever after with my lovely parents. So that's wonderful and exciting (and a load off our checking account which is grimly empty). This week did seem to wear on my nerves a little bit. My comprehensive and national tests are coming up next month and I've hardly studied... Not to mention everyone around me is job interviewing and signing contracts in preparation for our graduation in May and I'm still, well, waiting, I'll just say. BUT aside from those stresses (which I have got to come to terms with and can't stress too much about because there's not much I can do about it right now) life is pretty damn good. 

Blog life... Well. As I expected, I've kind of been MIA from posting. I have, however, been able to keep up with all your posts, even if I don't ever comment. I'm sorry =\

Don't forget to link up with Drazil if you're doing BYOC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...