Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What's left of my brain.

This may be a hodge-podge of topics, because that's just the kind of mood I'm in.


Since I've been listening to Holiday Traditions on the XM radio in my loaner car, I've discovered SEVERAL new Christmas songs I never heard before: "Marshmallow World" by Dean Martin, "The Christmas Waltz" by Peggy Lee, "Winter Weather" by Tony Bennett, and many more. It's been kind of nice to add these to my list of favorites.


My dog needs a bath. He's very smelly. I'm sorry to any guests or persons that may be in his presence until said-bath takes place.


I'm in the middle of finals week, currently. In the past, I've blown through midterms/finals weeks without any problems. This is different. I'm exhausted all the time. Each day goes by so slowly. Maybe it's because I failed my first one. Kind of set a bad tone for the rest of the week. (And when I say fail, I mean REALLLLY failed. Lowest grade in the class, kind of fail). Fortunately, I think I still hold a B in the class so whatever. And the second test I had (which was this afternoon) I feel very confident about so maybe once I get that grade back I'll feel better about the rest of the week. Tomorrow I have another test that I feel pretty good about, but the big one (the one I thought I'd get the worst grade in) will be on Friday. I can't imagine bombing a test any worse than I did Monday, so I'm hoping for the best. But so far, my notes have not looked promising.


My cat stinks, too. But it's mostly her breath. Have you gotten close enough to your cat's mouth that you can smell his/her breath? I'm telling you... You think dog breath is bad, you got another thing coming smellin' a cat's breath. It's awful. Terrible. Horrible. Ungodly.

But she'd throw a hissy fit (no pun intended) if I tried to do anything about it.


My husband plays a lot of video games. A lot. A looooooooooot. He's playing one right now. Except he'd probably get mad at me for calling it a video game. The correct term, I'm told, is "MMORPG". Sigh, I mean, is it that much of a difference? It still takes away precious bonding time he could be spending with his lovely, talented, completely interesting and riveting wife.


I just had to look up if there is a difference in spelling between riveting (attention holding) and riveting (as in "Rosie the Riveter") because I don't want you all to think I often do work with rivets. I don't know how one actually "rivets," so I wouldn't want to be misleading. That is not a talent of mine. Although, it could be a hidden skill of mine that I've yet to discover... Hmm... Interesting...

They're spelled the same, as it turns out.


I think I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...